• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 4T4

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter

Attachments

• 5T25W25P63n33p63labae6592647b6499190c.jpg
    5T25W25P63n33p63labae6592647b6499190c.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,137
  • 5U15R55S53n33k43p2bb12024d9b28d941725.jpg
    5U15R55S53n33k43p2bb12024d9b28d941725.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,149
  • 5U45P15X63n43m63o8bb1adface1f0fcc12d1.jpg
    5U45P15X63n43m63o8bb1adface1f0fcc12d1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,150
  • 5Z15W65S33ma3o43p0bb1ec97abf29550180b.jpg
    5Z15W65S33ma3o43p0bb1ec97abf29550180b.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,145

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
tires are one size big all around and the front tires on both sides rub hard on the tires behind them no trailer or atleast the trailer its on I wouldnt trust my life with it .. Neat cat but will need some work

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
tires are one size big all around and the front tires on both sides rub hard on the tires behind them no trailer or at least the trailer its on I wouldnt trust my life with it .. Neat cat but will need some work

I didn't see a mention of the trailer in the ad so not sure how that is relevant to the sale. I have never seen a 4T for sale that has had the power divider rebuilt from front-to-back... note that the power divider is the core of the whole 4T and everything else is (relative) commodity...even tracks can be changed out and sprockets.

So, while the mis-sized tires are still worthy of note... there is no comparison to the benefits of a rebuilt power divider.

My 2 cents.

shopman

Mainer couldn't be more right on about the power divider... With it rebuilt the rest is just other issues to take care of - the main drive component will now be ready for years of service. After working all summer to rebuild mine I can attest as to how important it is! This owner was for me the inspiration to dig in and get it done along with his pics of some of the rebuild. Coming soon will appear the epic story of my rebuild... Although as the owner of the fabled "PIG" I also had to indure many other problems associated with it. But long story short - this cat is a good deal - has a plow too! :clap:

Charlie S.

I just bought this machine for $7000; was that a good deal? I'm new to the Forum, new to Thiokols, and know nothing about these machines. Any tips from what you see? It's now located in NY State. Thanks a bunch!

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I just bought this machine for $7000; was that a good deal? I'm new to the Forum, new to Thiokols, and know nothing about these machines. Any tips from what you see? It's now located in NY State. Thanks a bunch!

It's a great machine from the information that's appeared out there ... and I think you got a great deal... and nicely now over here on the East coast! No biggy about the tires...easy fix obviously. The rest most likely hums like a clock!

Woody_1

I think you got a steal of a deal.

shopman

I think it was a great deal too... especially with a plow and hydraulics and never forget the rebuilt power separator... I just did mine and that is worth a lot believe me!!

Welcome to the forum - a ton of info here and knowledge of your machine. Just remember to post pictures, especially out working and playing!

:clap::clap:

Charlie S.

Drove it today. WOW, to much fun! First time ever in a SnowCat! Took it easy as I know nothing about anything! I stayed in 1 & 2 gear and took it slow. Motor sounds great. Would love some tips. High and Low range? Turning? lmao! I'm such a rookie. We only had 4" of snow on the ground and it was ice under it. This is going to be fun. I need to buy a battery, any suggestions on model or size. Also, need to fix tires; as the front two are touching. thanks guys!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
batterys are a given for me now i have 2 optmas in my pickup over 11 years old and still starting at - 30

shopman

Drove it today. WOW, to much fun! First time ever in a SnowCat! Took it easy as I know nothing about anything! I stayed in 1 & 2 gear and took it slow. Motor sounds great. Would love some tips. High and Low range? Turning? lmao! I'm such a rookie. We only had 4" of snow on the ground and it was ice under it. This is going to be fun. I need to buy a battery, any suggestions on model or size. Also, need to fix tires; as the front two are touching. thanks guys!

Oh yes - they are very addicting... Just do what you are doing - all of them are slightly different with gearing, etc. The best way is to take it easy and just get out and drive!! Depends on terrain and snow conditions as well as to how you drive them. If you're going any distance in the backcountry make sure you have tools, safety and survival equipment and a spare battery.

But once again the main thing is to get out and drive it and have fun!

We finally got a little more snow and I get to drive mine later this week!

:clap::clap:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
How do I get the correct tire sizes now that I have the wrong ones on it?

There is this place in Maine that if you sneak in when Mainer is not around you can get some off from his.:brows: No, any tractor supply should have or be able to get them for you.