• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

These are big!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You need a ladder?

Attachments

• Big sunflowers.jpg
    Big sunflowers.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 55
  • big tomatoes.jpg
    big tomatoes.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 55

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ever see the tomato plant in Disney World? I think it's the world's largest. Something like 30,000 tomatoes off the plant each year.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Where are those growing?

I've seen amazing growth in Alaska but this is too soon in this season for that size

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Where are those growing?

I've seen amazing growth in Alaska but this is too soon in this season for that size
They were on some gardening site the wife was on. I have never seen sunflowers more than 12 ft. tall. I would think it is somewhere pretty far south to be that big. Damned if I would set up scaffold to grow plants.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My 'maters are 7 feet tall right now. Despite the heat and the Raccoons, we are getting 12 to 15 LBS a day off of 24 plants.

Nothing else is coming in though.
Beans, Peppers,Cucumbers, Squash all look awfull

Forget the peas, heat just cooked 'em.

I don't thinK pumpkins will do well this year again either. Last year I had 120 puounders. This year we have almost no sets whatsoever.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are battling Jap. beetles right now. I don't have near as much planted this year. Have way too much stuff in freezers yet.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You need a ladder?

That is obscene, disgusting. :biggrin::biggrin:

I have one bed of tomatoes that are doing pretty good. The automatic watering system on the second bed quit working and they fried and died in 3 days. The peppers and eggplants are doing OK but not great. The beans and peas, forget about it. Getting ready to put in the fall potatoes in a little while. I'll have to check and see when they are suppose to go in the ground. The spring planting was poor. We got some but not as much as I hoped. I must be the only Scotsman that can't grow potatoes. Never had this problem back home.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
That is obscene, disgusting. :biggrin::biggrin:

I have one bed of tomatoes that are doing pretty good. The automatic watering system on the second bed quit working and they fried and died in 3 days. The peppers and eggplants are doing OK but not great. The beans and peas, forget about it. Getting ready to put in the fall potatoes in a little while. I'll have to check and see when they are suppose to go in the ground. The spring planting was poor. We got some but not as much as I hoped. I must be the only Scotsman that can't grow potatoes. Never had this problem back home.

Uh, Texas ain't zackly famous for it's potatoe crop.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Uh, Texas ain't zackly famous for it's potatoe crop.

I know, I know but I've tilled that ground and worked in literally tons of compost over the years. It's beautiful from a growing point of view. It has so much compost in it, it's actually a completely different color from the surrounding dirt. I've rigged up an automatic watering system so they're not short of water. I even planted where a big ol' pine would offer them some shade in the afternoon. How come I can't grow a decent friggin' 'tater????

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, test the PH.

And BTW, compost and taters, the one time you can go to far with compost. Sandy clay with low acid, high PH.