• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The V8 in v8dave

v8dave

Wizard
Here is where the v8 in v8dave comes from. This was taken in 2000 on a tour we made to Yosemite with a bunch of other Flathead Ford V8s. We are the third owners of this car and it has an original 76,000 miles on it. We've put about 4,000 miles on in the 6 or 7 years we've had it.

Attachments

• 48 Ford at Yosemite (S).jpg
    48 Ford at Yosemite (S).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 150

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Dave; Looks real nice. What year is that? And a very nice backdrop. :cool: :D

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome!! I spent the better part of 5 years doing a complete restoration to a '62 Biscayne and changing the 6 cyl to a 502 V8. Heck, I am only the 2nd owner of the car and I drove all the way to New Mexico to pick it up simply due to the fact that it had virtually no rust. It still took 5 years.

My father and I have been working on and off to restore a '30 Plymouth for 20 years now. Since I've found that my ability in the stock market is limited to picking stocks that go down (or out), I think I'll invest more of my money in antique cars. At least I get to play with my money that way!

Now I just need to convince my wife that I need another pole barn. We have a 40X60 and a 60X60 that are basically full. Heck, the 60X60 is 16' tall and is setup as a 2 story in almost half of the inside configuration. Also, I have a fork lift and 16' tall shelves lining most of the walls; and it's still full.

Anyway, nice investment you have there!! :a1:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
You don't need another pole barn, you need a 40' roll off dumpster. I saved a lot for years and then finally gave it to the trash. If you haven't needed it in 20 years, probably will never need it again. I am now working on cleaning out the garage. Putting some on eBay and other stuff to the trash. Figure I might as well enjoy the money rather than have someone else throw it out when I die or sell it. Besides, it will make room for all the new junk that I find.. ;)

v8dave

Wizard
johnday said:
Dave; Looks real nice. What year is that? And a very nice backdrop. :cool: :D

It's a 1948. 1946, 1947, and 1948 Fords all have the same body style with a few minor trim and parking light changes.

That pix was taken in the upper parking lot at the South road tunnel. Lots of people and cars are always there. But, everybody uses the lower parking lot.:)

v8dave

Wizard
Dargo said:
Awesome!! I spent the better part of 5 years doing a complete restoration to a '62 Biscayne and changing the 6 cyl to a 502 V8. Heck, I am only the 2nd owner of the car and I drove all the way to New Mexico to pick it up simply due to the fact that it had virtually no rust. It still took 5 years.

My father and I have been working on and off to restore a '30 Plymouth for 20 years now. Since I've found that my ability in the stock market is limited to picking stocks that go down (or out), I think I'll invest more of my money in antique cars. At least I get to play with my money that way!

Now I just need to convince my wife that I need another pole barn. We have a 40X60 and a 60X60 that are basically full. Heck, the 60X60 is 16' tall and is setup as a 2 story in almost half of the inside configuration. Also, I have a fork lift and 16' tall shelves lining most of the walls; and it's still full.

Anyway, nice investment you have there!! :a1:

You and Junk have it lots better than I--except your shops are already full too. I only have one shop a 30' x 50'. It's a completey finished shop in the same style as the house, cost about 2X the planned budget. And, it's already full. I did plan ahead and have enough ceiling height to put in some car lifts, even have blind 240 Volt boxes pre-wired in the ceiling for their power. So, I'm ready for the '30s pick-up I'm on the outlook for.

Last year when I was building the shop Junkman warned me it wasn't big enough. His suggestion was start with a 100' x 100' and expand as necessary. Good advice.

The Ford Convertible's value has increased about 25% in the time we've had the car. I'm glad we're not losing money on it. But, any pre-1949 Ford Convertible is going up and up. The 1949s and later are now finally increasing in value too.

I really screwed up though. At the same time we were looking for a better car to tour in, we also looked for Woodies. I ran across a restored 1948 Ford Woody in Los Angeles, for the same amount we eventually paid for this car. It wasn't convenient to make the trip down, so I passed on the car. Big mistake--Woodies have gone through the ceiling in prices. I'd have made 200% to 300% on the Woody.

I have a car in the barn that I passed on too. Maybe I'll start a "one that got away thread."