• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Tenth of Reason Introduction

Reason10

I know. A bit pretentious. Still, this band is probably the last intelligent life form to come from Chicago.

So, in addition to being an unapologetic mainstream conservative, I'm a BIG fan of this forum's funny pictures thread as well as the "Doing It Wrong" thread.
You know the credentials: William F. Buckley, Ronald Reagan, Rush Limbaugh, the basics.
Beliefs:
Liberty, freedom, the rule of law, Laissez Faire free market capitalism, secure borders, Constitutional government as well as restraints on government power.

Issues?
Second Amendment: Of course, The second most important restriction on government power. I personally do not like guns and don't want them in my house, but my neighbor can own a cannon if he wants, because it is guaranteed by the Constitution.
Abortion: At some point a human baby is created. Some believe life begins at point of conception and therefore oppose all abortions. I tend to go by the Ronald Reagan pattern, where a pregnant woman has a right to defend her life against a life threatening pregnancy. I think the states passing the 15 week limits got it right, so far as the middle of the road.
Death Penalty: My jury is still out. DP is more expensive than life. (Ted Bundy would have cost about $80,000 to house until he was 80 years old. It cost five million to fry him.) I CERTAINLY have no problem with a criminal getting shot to death while committing a crime.

I work as a substitute teacher in two Florida counties. (I only share that information for people who would like to discuss education and the problems therein. (I have another career besides that, but that's not for publication.) Suffice to say, I agree with teachers on a lot of school related issues (and probably they would shoot me if they knew my Republican voting patterns.) I listen to them in the teacher's lounge and learn a lot. I mentioned two Florida counties because teacher pay (as well as Sub pay) varies from county to county.

Anyway, what limited time I have, (while working two jobs) I'm up for discussions here. I really like this place.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome!

I know. A bit pretentious. Still, this band is probably the last intelligent life form to come from Chicago.

So, in addition to being an unapologetic mainstream conservative, I'm a BIG fan of this forum's funny pictures thread as well as the "Doing It Wrong" thread.
You know the credentials: William F. Buckley, Ronald Reagan, Rush Limbaugh, the basics.
Beliefs:
Liberty, freedom, the rule of law, Laissez Faire free market capitalism, secure borders, Constitutional government as well as restraints on government power.

Issues?
Second Amendment: Of course, The second most important restriction on government power. I personally do not like guns and don't want them in my house, but my neighbor can own a cannon if he wants, because it is guaranteed by the Constitution.
Abortion: At some point a human baby is created. Some believe life begins at point of conception and therefore oppose all abortions. I tend to go by the Ronald Reagan pattern, where a pregnant woman has a right to defend her life against a life threatening pregnancy. I think the states passing the 15 week limits got it right, so far as the middle of the road.
Death Penalty: My jury is still out. DP is more expensive than life. (Ted Bundy would have cost about $80,000 to house until he was 80 years old. It cost five million to fry him.) I CERTAINLY have no problem with a criminal getting shot to death while committing a crime.

I work as a substitute teacher in two Florida counties. (I only share that information for people who would like to discuss education and the problems therein. (I have another career besides that, but that's not for publication.) Suffice to say, I agree with teachers on a lot of school related issues (and probably they would shoot me if they knew my Republican voting patterns.) I listen to them in the teacher's lounge and learn a lot. I mentioned two Florida counties because teacher pay (as well as Sub pay) varies from county to county.

Anyway, what limited time I have, (while working two jobs) I'm up for discussions here. I really like this place.
I would ague about teacher's pay. I have two brothers who were teacher, and I myself was colleged to become one. But their pay is hardly sub par.
One retired a millionaire.

It they are smart enough to teach, then they are smart enough to invest and save.

Reason10

Welcome!

I would ague about teacher's pay. I have two brothers who were teacher, and I myself was colleged to become one. But their pay is hardly sub par.
One retired a millionaire.

It they are smart enough to teach, then they are smart enough to invest and save.
This is what people fail to understand. Teacher pay varies from state to state. In Florida from county to county. I can only speak for three Florida counties because I worked them as a sub. In one Florida county, the manure rolls downhill, where the teachers are the grunts. They are almost at the bottom, (with cooks, janitors, etc) being lower. I've learned 99 percent of what I know from listening to teachers bitch about their jobs, administrators, parents, etc. In Florida we're lucky to have a governor who wants the public schools to teach what the kids need to be successful. I can attest that the history books (that the establishment still likes to call Social Studies) so far here are not pushing the 1619 Project or CRT.
If you folks ever want to do a few threads on public education, MAN I GOT SOME STORIES! Nutty teachers, crazy students, crazy parents, I've seen some stuff.
Oh, and Florida DOES have quite a few teachers unions. But they aren't as powerful as a lot of blue states because Florida is a right to work state. That means the government cannot mandate that a person join a union in order to get a job. Here the unions have to offer a lot more than just "Give me your money if you want a job." Oh, and there is actually a substitute teachers union. As you probably guessed, I'm not a member.
You make a good point about teachers needing to be smart enough to invest and save.

Reason10

Oh, and in one Florida county, teachers are leaving the profession in droves, because their pay cannot keep pace with the rising costs of housing. You can imagine what that means for a sub. That county is ringing my phone off the hook every day. On an average school day, a good NINETY classes start the day needing a sub, in that county.