• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The REAL State of the Union | THE PLAIN TRUTH by Judge Napolitano 1/24/12

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
More common sense from judge Napolitano. :wink:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQNWBFPR-Q&feature=player_embedded"]The REAL State of the Union | THE PLAIN TRUTH by Judge Napolitano 1/24/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Kane

To sum up: "Prosperity comes from hard work, saving and wise investment. NOT from the government."

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Tell that to the people that work for the largest employer in this country the Government. They pay taxes too and work hard.

Kane

Tell that to the people that work for the largest employer in this country the Government. They pay taxes too and work hard.
Then if they save and invest wisely, they too, can become prosperous. Yes, they work for the government, but the government does not make them prosperous.

But I doubt if you, joec, can understand the difference.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

That ain't enough laughter ...................... Tell that to the people the government pillages off of!

I actually believe Joe believes that too!

They're working so hard that 260,000 USPS workers are going to get laid off from all that hard work they're doing ............ :w00t2:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
So I guess fireman, police, military people don't work hard? They also work for the government as government includes not only federal but state and local also.

Some do but a lot (the majority) don't and fire and police are a small portion of the government work force. There are a ton of military slackers away from the front line. I've done a lot of contract work with government agencies (including the Air Force and the Marines) over the years and government employees are by far the most lazy, obstructionist and bureaucratic people I have ever had to work with.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Some do but a lot (the majority) don't and fire and police are a small portion of the government work force. There are a ton of military slackers away from the front line. I've done a lot of contract work with government agencies (including the Air Force and the Marines) over the years and government employees are by far the most lazy, obstructionist and bureaucratic people I have ever had to work with.

I will bow then to your vast experience working with government employees then as being completely useless and lazy. :whistling::3_7_11v:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter

Joe, you do understand that government is an expense, right? And that expense is borne by folks like you and me, right?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Joe, you do understand that government is an expense, right? And that expense is borne by folks like you and me, right?

I guess you also miss the point that workers regardless pay taxes the same as me or you, even those that work for the government.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow:I am amazed that the only thing being discussed in this thread is those that do or do not pay taxes. But then again when one jumps from topic to topic to discredit everything thats posted in this forum things tend to get sidetracked very easilly. :sad:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I guess you also miss the point that workers regardless pay taxes the same as me or you, even those that work for the government.

Now why would you draw such an incorrect and silly inference from my comment?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

But government workers are paid with tax dollars. We would run out of money pretty fast if we relied on the tax revenue from people paid with tax revenue. Oh wait, that's what is happening - we are running out of money. :rolleyes:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
But government workers are paid with tax dollars. We would run out of money pretty fast if we relied on the tax revenue from people paid with tax revenue. Oh wait, that's what is happening - we are running out of money. :rolleyes:

A lot of non government workers also get tax money to exist, oil industry, farming come to mind. It is a simple equation you want services then you have to pay for them and it takes people to supply those services like all of life it takes balance. Actually we aren't running out of money but that is another story all together. We just aren't collecting enough to pay for it at this time and that too will change. I can't understand why that seems for foreign an idea here.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

I think you and I were just discussing this very issue on another thread. The part about paying taxes that is. :yum:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
A lot of non government workers also get tax money to exist, oil industry, farming come to mind. It is a simple equation you want services then you have to pay for them and it takes people to supply those services like all of life it takes balance. Actually we aren't running out of money but that is another story all together. We just aren't collecting enough to pay for it at this time and that too will change. I can't understand why that seems for foreign an idea here.

You don't seem to understand much when it comes to this stuff.

It is ALL the money the government is giving out to government workers, welfare, social programs, subsidies, .etc COMBINED with the fact that these recipients are not contributing back into the system at the rate they are taking out.

You can't simply take more and expect to make up the difference while still giving out more. You need to stop spending and then maybe you can look at who isn't paying their fair share.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
You don't seem to understand much when it comes to this stuff.

It is ALL the money the government is giving out to government workers, welfare, social programs, subsidies, .etc COMBINED with the fact that these recipients are not contributing back into the system at the rate they are taking out.

You can't simply take more and expect to make up the difference while still giving out more. You need to stop spending and then maybe you can look at who isn't paying their fair share.

I'm not sure I'm the one that doesn't understand, perhaps it is you that misses the point of what is actually going on.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm having a major problem with where this thread is going. As a military retiree and an ex-government employee, it seems
a lot of folks here are buying into the stereotype of the "lazy, goof-off, government employee". While I freely admit that
some do fit that description, as do some of the workers in many corporations, it simply does not apply to the vast
majority, and it galls to see my ex-coworkers being maligned this way.

Just like anyone who works for a wage, government employees work from January 1 through 19 May each year,
just to pay their own tax liability (based on current rates); only then can they start keeping money for themselves. Yes, their
wages come from taxes, but how many workers in the private sector pay any of their own salary, much less that large a
portion?

This is crap!!