• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Politics Of A Phone Service Provider-- That Sucks!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Without going into much personal detail here, I have been really struggling in the financial area as of late.

Why? Because I have been bombarded for months and months over paying off physicians bills since last year pertaining to my hospital stay in March with collections people coming after me, and even court summons (which were ignored)-- I chose to directly pay WHEN I had available funds.
So, that's been taken care of.

In the meantime my internet was cut off for a short time, but my phone service was too before that.

Thing is, I paid my phone bill in full.. in fact OVER paid them on Monday in order to cover what may be a reconnection fee.

It's Thursday, and I still don't have land line service for my home phone.
I've been calling them (Yes Ma'am, your service will be restored as soon as we see the payment on your account).
Emailing them (what a f'cking joke!) The replies I have gotten from these idiots are insane!
So, I did a little searching and found this.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/century-link-a193838.html

If I don't have my phone service back by tomorrow afternoon, I shall be calling the corporate office.
To me, they have stole my money and I am not too happy about that.

Idiots!

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ive never even heard of that Carrier,but then we only have a few service providers in NM.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
They were better when they were Embarq.
Wish we had AT&T around here.
Never had a problem with them.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Ya want some tough love, Lollie? (Not trying to be facetious)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I know you can.:smile:
:shifty:
I thought you were going to jump all over me for choosing to ignore the courts in favor of paying the other shit in my own sweet time.
Btw, this was advised by my own lawyer, he told me to do what I could do when I could do it.
Smart man..
"You can't squeeze blood from a turnip"

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
:shifty:
I thought you were going to jump all over me for choosing to ignore the courts in favor of paying the other shit in my own sweet time.
Btw, this was advised by my own lawyer, he told me to do what I could do when I could do it.
Smart man..
"You can't squeeze blood from a turnip"

Actually, the first thing that occurred to me about the summons thing was that the assholes opted to sue so quickly ....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually, the first thing that occurred to me about the summons thing was that the assholes opted to sue so quickly ....
It's been an ongoing thing for the last month.
Actually, it started around the first week of February.
They'll get what they can WHEN they get it.
I have a life I have to think about.. just living and worrying about everything else.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Having had some experience with the payment of medical bills by my sister who does not have insurance, she had them hounding her all of the time.

What I told her is set up a payment schedule and pay them something every month, they seem to get into the collection mode when they do not receive a payment each month.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Having had some experience with the payment of medical bills by my sister who does not have insurance, she had them hounding her all of the time.

What I told her is set up a payment schedule and pay them something every month, they seem to get into the collection mode when they do not receive a payment each month.
They had been, but it seems the amounts I had been sending weren't good enough.
That's not a worry any longer.

This is about a phone service provider that can kiss my ass if I don't have my service back soon.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I got fed up with the high phone bills from "Ma Bell," so I went to Vonage for about 5 years. I didn't notice the difference from greedy Ma. Now we don't even have a house line. We each have our cell phones and we save $60 each month (I had 2 lines into the house). Not sure how reliable they are, but Magic Jack is even cheaper than Vonage.

Trakternut

Your state has a public service commission, or something to that effect, who regulate and oversea land line service. They should be notified ASAP. I won't go into it right now, but, I just kicked my cell provider's ass this week by reporting them to the appropriate authority!
You paid for service which you're not getting. That is theft!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We use Voipo which used to be 1/2 cheaper than Vonage, now it's 1/4 cheaper since Vonage lowered their rate to 15.95 per month. Sign up for Voipo now (today is the last day) and you get two years of service for $149 which figures out to $6.25 per month. :eek: http://www.voipo.com/voip.shtml
Main site: http://www.voipo.com/
For a free month PM me for a reference number and you and I will both get a free month added to our service for the referral. You enter it in the promo code box when signing up.

I think PG's service is off of DSL where Vonage and Voipo are dependent on you having cable. If you do not have high speed internet via cable you cannot use their service.

Century sure sounds like a company to stay as far away from as possible. Good luck with them PG.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I made an early morning call to CenturyLink from a friends home and gave them the dates and amounts I have paid for my phone service.
I explained to them that I felt like I was being jerked around and expected to have my phone back on today.
Within 10 minutes, it was.
:D

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I hear ya PG...I've been in the same boat for the past year with the separation/divorce I'm going through. It's a tough deal. I had the same issues with my phone company. I have now switched internet service providers to a local company. I no longer have a landline but went with Skype services. It's Cheap. Cost me $20 for a full year to have a phone number with them and for me to make unlimited calls in Canada and the US, it cost roughly $30 for a year. Can't beat those prices. That's less then what I paid each month to Bell Canada (aka Bell Pakistan) in the past for a full year with skype. I had phone, internet, and satellite tv with them before. I canceled everything because I got tired of spending an hour a week trying to decode what some Paki was trying to say.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So I got a message from someone on the forums this morning saying my phone was still saying out of service.
I thought they were joking.
So, I called my sister and asked what number was showing on her caller ID.
Seems they issued me a new phone number without telling me.
Guess I shouldn't complain about it, but the last thing I wanted to do is call everyone I know to inform them of a number change.:hammer:

Sooooo... I called CenturyLink this morning and asked about it... or should I say bitched a little more about it?
I'll have my old phone number back sometime on Monday.
:dizzy:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't do that to Gretchen. Would totally mess up her deep snooze.:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
And you would lose your warm spot in the bed when you got up to answer it! Then you would have to get in a new position to cuddle with her.:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
And you would lose your warm spot in the bed when you got up to answer it! Then you would have to get in a new position to cuddle with her.:yum:
No, I'd have to pee first, then she'd have to pee.. then we'd BOTH be up and mad at you!!:hammer: ahahaha!!