• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The masculine reaction

Gunsrus

I've heard of the slap punch and I understand it's used by men on men, but according to the way I was raised, a man doesn't slap another man. That's considered a sissy's reaction. A man's reaction is to throw a punch.

So, when Will Smith slapped Chris Rock, he proved his virility was questionable. Why wouldn't he have used a closed fist?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any man that slaps another man with an open hand. Is shaming another man and better be ready to back that up. But only two kind of men slap another man. Men that are overconfident and think that they can slap somebody and there will be no retaliation. And Men that are feminine and don't know how to throw a punch.

I believe Will Smith would be part of group number one.

Gunsrus

Any man that slaps another man with an open hand. Is shaming another man and better be ready to back that up. But only two kind of men slap another man. Men that are overconfident and think that they can slap somebody and there will be no retaliation. And Men that are feminine and don't know how to throw a punch.

I believe Will Smith would be part of group number one.
Interesting. Would you say Will Smith might have given Chris Rock the slap his wife would've wanted to but chose not to?

Gunsrus

In my younger days if someone slapped me the next sound would be them hitting the ground.
I agree. I feel that Chris Rock might not have retaliated because a part of him realized that Jada had been stung by the joke and he needed to accept retaliation. If he'd thought it was cool with her, I would think he'd answer back to Will Smith instead of taking the slap. Anyone who takes a slap gives me the impression that the person on the recieving end believes the attacker had every right to do it.