• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Importance of Walking and Exercise

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Walking can add years to your life. Just by walking each day adds minutes to your life expectancy. It is also good for the economy. So you can end up at 85 in a nursing home for an additional 5 months at $5.000 a month.

My grand dad started walking five miles a day when he was 60 years old. He is now 97 years old and we have no idea where he is.

I really enjoy long walks, especially when taken by people who annoy me.

The only reason I can see to take up walking at my age is so I can hear heavy breathing again.

I find I have to walk early in the morning, well before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I joined a health club once for $400.00. Not really worth the money. I haven't lost a pound in a year. Apparently, you have to go there.

Every time I hear the dirty word "exercise" I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

I do have flabby thighs. But fortunately, my stomach covers them.

Some advice about cross country skiing. Start with a small country.

We all tend to get heavier as we get older. There is a perfectly logical, natural, and acceptable reason for this. A lot of crap gets stuck in our heads and makes us heavier. That,,,, is my story,,, and I'm sticking to it.