• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The folks who run Walmart should run US economy.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Walmart vs. The Morons (NOT A JOKE)
1 Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.
8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the U.S. economy.
This should be read and understood by all Americans. Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!
To all 535 voting members of congress and the 100 members of the US Senate
The majority of you are corrupt morons!
Consider your record and reflect on your performance:
a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775.
You have had 246 years to get it right and it is broke.
Stamps cost .58 cents and they are going up on July 10th to .60 cents
b.. Social Security was established in 1935.
You have had 86 years to get it right and it is broke.
c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938.
You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
d.. War on Poverty started in 1964.
You have had 57 years to get it right; it never went anywhere, and you stole from our Social Security Fund. $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and you want more!
e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965.
You have had 56 years to get it right and they are broke.
f. Freddie Mac was established in 1970.
You have had 51 years to get it right and it is broke.
g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before.
You had 44 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
h. Currently, gasoline is at a record all time high and inflation is the highest it's been in 40 years!
You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our
throats while overspending our tax dollars.
We have a President that had 36 years of experience as a U.S. senator and 8 years as Vice- President. A President that promised to "Build Back Better", our current President is the epitome of a corrupt career politician! We elected an immoral, unethical freeloader that never had a plan except to live on the public dole, a scoundrel who bends the way the political winds blow who can't even finish a sentence without losing his train of thought. Not that he ever had an original thought!
AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED
WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??
Folks, keep this circulating. Maybe it will end up in the e-mails of some of our "duly elected' (they never read anything) but maybe their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel. If you don't think we need to drain the swamp then you just don't plain think!
AND please try to understand what's wrong.
We have lost our minds to corrupt career politicians and "Political Correctness"!
Someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with the people that run this country! We are begging Venezuala for oil. We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????
In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile, and Turkey.
We are funding the world on climate change!
And now NATO, Afghanistan, the Ukraine and Pakistan...previous home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!
Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid as our southern borders are overrun by illegals
AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc., etc. We can't take proper care of our citizens. However, Illegals get free everything!!! They are put up into hotels fed meal health care and cash. Imagine if the *Federal GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to illegals and other countries.
Sad isn't it? 99% of you people won't have the guts to forward this.
I'm one of the 1% -- I Just Did

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
YEP!

Walmart is successful because it looks closely at everything involved to put a product on its shelves and removes anything. any part, any labor, any cost, that does not bring value to the product and the customer, and then removes it.

We need a government that does the same.

chowderman

when I was consulting I had three clients who called me in because they had become associated with Walmart....

the orders were _huge_ - one company bought a bunch of new equipment, one company relocated to larger facilities . . . one company controlled the order volume.

after a year or so, Walmart demanded they reduce their pricing. and again the next year, and again . . .
reduce your price or we'll buy it from China . . .
two of the companies had become totally dependent on Walmart orders, and when their margins went to near zero, the business collapsed.

on company heeded my advice to not get over extended and go all starry eyed with the Walmart business . . .
when Walmart demand more and more price concessions, they informed Walmart to stuff it.
they are still in business, and doing well.

this is how Medicare operates - they don't care what you billed them, here's what we pay - take it or leave it.
and now you know why many healthcare providers will not accept new Medicare patients.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
when I was consulting I had three clients who called me in because they had become associated with Walmart....

the orders were _huge_ - one company bought a bunch of new equipment, one company relocated to larger facilities . . . one company controlled the order volume.

after a year or so, Walmart demanded they reduce their pricing. and again the next year, and again . . .
reduce your price or we'll buy it from China . . .
two of the companies had become totally dependent on Walmart orders, and when their margins went to near zero, the business collapsed.

on company heeded my advice to not get over extended and go all starry eyed with the Walmart business . . .
when Walmart demand more and more price concessions, they informed Walmart to stuff it.
they are still in business, and doing well.

this is how Medicare operates - they don't care what you billed them, here's what we pay - take it or leave it.
and now you know why many healthcare providers will not accept new Medicare patients.
Wal-Mart is no different than any other retailer on this score. I had the same relationship with Sears, Proctor and Gamble, Hickory Farms to name a few. All of them came back for contract renewal demanding lower prices. One even demanded we remove one officer to cut costs. The very one whom created the production system that had made them competitive. (It was Me) It's called Capitalism and is not supposed to be fair. It's supposed to be competitive. Which inherently brings innovation and lower prices. It is at risk, yes.

Taking the risk of doing business is not mandatory.

Medicare operates under a beaurocratic management keen on gaining more power, more money that has no risk because, success or failure to deliver to the customer, the gubmint supports it. Private companies should not, and do not. Which is why Ben Franklin stores, Montgomery Ward, and Sears, are all closed. Medicare should be also.

BTW, 80% of my current gross is from Wal-Mart. However, I insist to work as a sub contractor. So, financially, I seldom deal directly with them.

Last edited: