• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The end of Women’s Sports?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m a volunteer coach and I instruct males and females. Men are bigger, fast and stronger. It’s pretty universal. I have a transgender girl who used to be a boy, she dominated her competitors now but was only an average competitor as a boy. I have a transgender boy who used to be a girl. She was an average female competitor as a girl but now as a boy is non-competitive in the sport.

I believe these changes will lead to men’s sports and co-ed sports at the expense of women’s sports.

Amid Inauguration Day talk of shattered glass ceilings, on Wednesday President Biden delivered a body blow to the rights of women and girls: the Executive Order on Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation. On day one, Mr. Biden placed all girls’ sports and women’s safe spaces in the crosshairs of the administrative state.

The order declares: “Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the rest room, the locker room, or school sports. . . . All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation.” The order purports to direct administrative agencies to begin promulgating regulations that would enforce the Supreme Court’s 2020 decision Bostock v. Clayton County. In fact, it goes much further.

In Bostock, the justices held that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibited an employer from firing an employee on the basis of homosexuality or “transgender status.” Justice Neil Gorsuch, writing for a 6-3 majority, took pains to clarify that the decision was limited to employment and had no bearing on “sex-segregated bathrooms, locker rooms, and dress codes”—all regulated under Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments. “Under Title VII, too,” the majority added, “we do not purport to address bathrooms, locker rooms, or anything else of the kind.”

The Biden executive order is far more ambitious. Any school that receives federal funding—including nearly every public high school—must either allow biological boys who self-identify as girls onto girls’ sports teams or face administrative action from the Education Department. If this policy were to be broadly adopted in anticipation of the regulations that are no doubt on the way, what would this mean for girls’ and women’s sports?

“Finished. Done,” Olympic track-and-field coach Linda Blade told me. “The leadership skills, all the benefits society gets from letting girls have their protected category so that competition can be fair, all the advances of women’s rights—that’s going to be diminished.” Ms. Blade noted that parents of teen girls are generally uninterested in watching their daughters demoralized by the blatant unfairness of a rigged competition.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone concerned about this topic may wish to look up SAVE WONENS SPORTS website and do a bit of reading, then take a little action

Save Women's Sports is a coalition that seeks to preserve

biology-based eligibility standards for participation in female sports.

"Beth Stelzer, an amateur powerlifter and the founder of Save Women's Sports, stresses that defending women in athletics ought not be a partisan nor religious issue. If we allow males to compete in female sports, there will be men's sports, there will be co-ed sports,

but there will no longer be women's sports."

You can email us at info@savewomenssports.com or savewomenssports@protonmail.com

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The answer seems so obvious. Transgender can be whatever they want to be but if born with a penis your are a male. If born with a vagina you are a female. Sports that are for females should never allow anyone not born with a vagina to participate.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
But there are 57 genders ... according to some people!

I see this as the death of girl's/women's sports if it is allowed to continue.

Title IX sports will be destroyed. The supreme court knew this when they issued their opinion saying it was limited to employment law.

Justice Neil Gorsuch, writing for a 6-3 majority, took pains to clarify that the decision was limited to employment and had no bearing on “sex-segregated bathrooms, locker rooms, and dress codes”—all regulated under Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments. “Under Title VII, too,” the majority added, “we do not purport to address bathrooms, locker rooms, or anything else of the kind.”

141953509_10223218740726773_8686027337740865939_n.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Will Speaker Nancy Pelosi let this bill be seen and debated on the floor of the House? Link to story below. Lots of GOP co-sponsors and an endorsement by the Catholic Bishops. Still I give it a slim chance of a full house debate.

Democratic Senator Tulsi Gabbard, who opposed VP Harris in the primary elections, introduced a similar bill to protect high school and college women’s sports. Not sure that will see the light of day either.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Statement from the US Conference of Catholic Bishops ... a group that is notoriously politically correct ... comes out in opposition to transgender males competing in women’s sports.

just a portion of the article below:

Catholic bishops back Title IX law on 'trans athletes'​

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has given its support to a new piece of legislation that aims to keep male athletes from competing in athletic teams and competitions for women and girls.

Bishop Michael C. Barber, S.J. of Oakland and Bishop David A. Konderla of Tulsa sent a letter on October 27 to Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) and Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL), the lead sponsors of the Senate and House versions of the Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act, applauding their bill.

The legislation would prevent entities receiving federal Title IX funds from allowing male students to participate in athletic programs and teams for female students. ...

“Youth who experience gender identity discordance should be assured the right to participate in, or try-out for, student athletics on the same terms as any of their peers, in co-educational activities or, where sexes are separated, in accord with their given sex,” ...

The bishops advocated for a “loving response” to these students, saying that it would assist in developing “a genuine peace with their mind and body, rather than facilitating drastic ‘transitions’ in pursuit of an identity fully independent of their physical body.”

Allowing male students to participate in athletics with girls “can be both unfair, and especially in high-contact sports, unsafe,” said the bishops.

While they acknowledged that some women have been able to play successfully in mostly-male sports, “any time a policy facilitating such male competition takes an athletic opportunity away from a female, it is a loss for basic fairness and the spirit of Title IX.”

Several female track athletes from Connecticut are presently suing the state’s interscholastic athletic conference after two students, born male but who identify as female, dominated the girl’s track competitions at the state level. The female athletes argued that the two male runners took away chances for them to compete on the national and state levels.

“In general, males possess distinct physical advantages in a number of sports, and this is already playing out in athletic events worldwide,”...​

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I suppose this is a dilemma for liberals but one would think even liberal women would understand that women and men are not physically equal. To allow any male to compete in a women's only event is unfair to the real women in the sport. Seems like common sense to me. At the very least I would have guessed all women would be in agreement on this and the majority of men who want fair competition.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I suppose this is a dilemma for liberals but one would think even liberal women would understand that women and men are not physically equal. To allow any male to compete in a women's only event is unfair to the real women in the sport. Seems like common sense to me. At the very least I would have guessed all women would be in agreement on this and the majority of men who want fair competition.

Not arguing Doc but I am a little divided on this subject. I agree that men being allowed to compete in women's sports is a farce, a travesty. Then again, having lived through the 1960s and beyond, I've also been lectured constantly on Women's Right's and Women's Equality and Equal Pay and Opportunity for Women. I'm not trying to justify transgender sports but it seems that women are trying to pick and choose which fields they wish to be equal in. To me, it's all or nothing. You are either equal or you're not. To say, on one hand, that the physical differences between men and women are inconsequential and then complain about getting your ass kicked by a male is a little disingenuous. I also believe that there are many fields that women are far superior to men but I've been told, more than once, that is patronizing.

This is really a philosophical argument but when you blur the lines between genders it's where you end up. It can't really be avoided.

To answer Bob's question, I think it will eventually be reduced to men's sports, men's transgender sports and , since women can't compete successfully in the male transgender division, they will break off and form their own association for women that are genetically female only.

Last edited:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
The answer seems so obvious. Transgender can be whatever they want to be but if born with a penis your are a male. If born with a vagina you are a female. Sports that are for females should never allow anyone not born with a vagina to participate.
I agree. Male athletes cannot take steroids before competition, yet hormones are okay? Makes no sense.

I wonder if I would be welcome in lesbian bars if I self-identified as a woman who likes to wear men's clothing.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
... I'm not trying to justify transgender sports but it seems that women are trying to pick and choose which fields they wish to be equal in. To me, it's all or nothing. You are either equal or you're not. To say, on one hand, that the physical differences between men and women are inconsequential and then complain about getting your ass kicked by a male is a little disingenuous....

NOT all women want the '60's equality.

I know no coach who coaches girls or coed sports that thinks this is good for girls/women. I know som male feminists in favor of it. I know some female feminists in favor of it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This is not about transgenders. Nor is it about Women. It is about MONEY!
As usual, money is gained at the expense of someone else. A mediocre' male can succeed in women's sports, and get endorsement contracts, because of their "achievement" and the marketing plus of being accompany being politically correct. Someone losses in this case and that someone else is WOMEN.

SO, the so called war on women is not being won by women. But by the radical liberal left. Social justice at work corroding our nation's values.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree. Male athletes cannot take steroids before competition, yet hormones are okay? Makes no sense.

I wonder if I would be welcome in lesbian bars if I self-identified as a woman who likes to wear men's clothing.
I been in many Lesbo bars. In my younger years, I worked for some shady characters collecting money out of pinball and arcade machines.
Them "woman" are the most vile beings on earth.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I been in many Lesbo bars. In my younger years, I worked for some shady characters collecting money out of pinball and arcade machines.
Them "woman" are the most vile beings on earth.
That's the point. The most intolerant people are those who demand we be tolerant.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This is absolute madness.

In 2014, a "transgender woman" named Fallon Fox fought a UFC match against a biological woman named Taika Brents. To call it a "fight" would be a gross overstatement. It was lopsided from the beginning, precisely as you would expect if a man fought a woman. Fallon Fox pummeled Taika Brents and fractured her skull. Transgender advocates responded by calling Fox "brave" and an "inspiration..."

Gavin Hubbard was a weightlifting prodigy. At age 20, Gavin set a New Zealand record for snatch 135kg, clean & jerk 170kg, and total 300kg. In 2012, Gavin Hubbard was appointed the Executive Officer for Olympic Weightlifting New Zealand. Once Gavin was put in charge of the country's weightlifting organization and could control policy, he declared that he was actually transgendered and "transitioned" to become Laurel Hubbard instead. Surprising no one, "Laurel" Hubbard competed at the 2017 Australian International competition and won gold medals in every division "she" competed in. When Hubbard competed in the World Championship that year, "she" won the Silver Medal in the 90kg snatch, beating every woman in the competition except for one.

In Connecticut, two biological males - Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood - have been competing in Womens' Track events since 2017 and dominating the competition. Together, they have "won" a combined 15 girls state indoor and outdoor championship races. Not only have these two men deprived girls of the victories they had trained their whole childhoods to achieve, but the transgender athletes have also deprived female athletes of track scholarships, which they would have earned had they not been forced to race against men...

In High School, Jonathan Eastwood set school records with his time in the 800, 1600, and 3200 meter run. After dominating the male competition, Eastwood decided that he wanted to try his hand against the girls too. Today, Jonathan goes by "Juniper" and competes in the women's cross country division at the University of Montana. In 2019, "Juniper" placed 2nd in an invitational meet and helped Montana place seventh as a team. She was named the Big Sky Conference's "Women's Cross Country Athlete of the Week."

I can literally go on and on and on with these examples. Biological men are switching their genders and dominating women's sports... You would think the feminists would be up in arms about this. There are girls and women who have trained their entire lives to compete and prove that they are the best woman alive at their particular sport. But when they finally reach the championship and get a chance to prove themselves, they are being forced to compete against men. Again, you would think the feminists would be furious.

But no, the Left is actually cheering this madness on...

How does a party, which once expressed it's support and defense of women's rights and thereby gained significant voter support, now trash them with allowing this kind of male advantage and subsequent dominance by deceit.?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What happens when 'boys' start winning 'girls' sports scholarships and some girls lose the opportunity to go to college?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
What happens when 'boys' start winning 'girls' sports scholarships and some girls lose the opportunity to go to college?
If that happens, and it will, there will be a provable case for financial loss. Which may bring this issue to a head.

Biden's EO effectively eliminated opportunities for women in sports. The very thing the law was intended to protect.

I haven't found a case yet but one is coming for sure.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Even some feminists dislike this EO from President Biden.

Although some proponents of women’s sports hoped that the Bostock decision would be interpreted narrowly to apply only to workplace discrimination, the Biden order compels federal agencies to apply the Court’s ruling across the board.

Bostock established a but-fortest in which an employer can be held liable for discrimination any time that an employee’s sex factors into an decision. Applying this test to schools means that coaches cannot consider the sex of the player in determining whether they make the team. Under such an approach, schools will be forced to allow transgender women (who were born male) to tryout for and compete on women’s sports teams.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
To me it takes very, very low self esteem for biological males to enter women's sports just so they have a better chance of being a winner.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
To me it takes very, very low self esteem for biological males to enter women's sports just so they have a better chance of being a winner.
Not the first case where greed will overpower self esteem.
Pride and self esteem are what would allow one to look back on their lives and smile. Like you, I wonder if these guys, and they are guys, will be proud of cheating to get ahead. Like most crooks, and they are crooks, I doubt they will give a damn about who they hurt in their pursuit of "success."