• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Taking care of matters personally

Gunsrus

Life offers us two ways to tackle our issues, good and bad. Either we take matters into our own hands or we hire help. As a long follower of the belief that we have to handle issues in our own ways, I've seen firsthand the pros and the cons of the personal approach. Until recent years, I made resolving issues in my own ways the only choice in my life. There was no alternative. I never called the police, I never asked third parties to intervene on my behalf, for any reasons whatsoever. I didn't even know much about them.

Now, I'm enrolled on a long term health insurance plan, I'm a registered screenwriter, I've gone to the police for help, I've asked for help from people who are involved in something professional or academic. I've learned from my mistakes and I no longer believe that man's own plans and will to power alone are the best solutions. With the right people at your side, you can attend to matters yourself, but guns, drugs, thieving and fencing, always play a role if you want to create your own solutions without asking for help from trained people or organizations whose job is to help you make your way through life.

What I would like to understand is this: why do some people deal with life personally? I don't know why I did and I would like to know very much. Please, offer me your thoughts on the subject.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I seem to have different boundaries for different items.
My shelter Personal

a shitty neighbor some degree measured by what best is described as a swinging pendulum. if its obvious it personal and direct. if its not an obvious deficiency I may seem to wait for a seasonal change or another neighbors input before I waste my time.

I am going to pay more attention to this original post and see to what extent I identify as well.

Gary O'

Taking care of matters personally​

One on one, I've handled it
No choice when living up at the cabin
Cops hardy ever go up there
They do, however, show up after the dust has settled.... with the coroner

Resolution never took long

It might have something to do with my sweet lovable countenance

moi 200 large (1).jpg

Gunsrus

Taking care of matters personally​

One on one, I've handled it
No choice when living up at the cabin
Cops hardy ever go up there
They do, however, show up after the dust has settled.... with the coroner

Resolution never took long

It might have something to do with my sweet lovable countenance

View attachment 155972
I will say this: without the law to help you, on your own, taking care of matters personally becomes the only option. I acknowledge the fact that action taken to preserve oneself is natural and defendable. Animals are masters of taking care of business and since human beings are mammals too, it makes sense we resort to handling our own affairs when we don't have a support system. My beef with independent action is how it can be abused of. Very often, a lack of empathy and understanding arise when people think what they think and what they feel are the only things that count.

Also, I don't judge books by their covers. It's the person inside that counts.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Given the current nature of our local governments, particularly in highly populated areas, taking personal care of matters has become a necessity of life.

The abdication of prosecution for personal and property crimes has made it impossible to expect civility in our society.

There is a reason we have laws, and a reason we have police. Remove them from daily discourse and we soon find out the necessity for their existence. However, the transition back to law and order is a long way out so it becomes incumbent on each individual to protect property and person. Without such discipline by individuals, a peaceful return to law and order will be unlikely.

The radical left knows this. Hence their efforts to debase, defund and delegitimize our legal professions from the police to our court systems. Social justice is not equal justice.

Now you know.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are so outraged as those who are." Benjamin Franklin

Last edited: