• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Take your snow cat to a car show?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Absolutely!!

Car guys, and I am one of them, enjoy such things as snow cats.
To those who know their history, there is one man who proved this to be true, John DeLorean former GM exec who bought Thiokol out of
the snow cat business.

Any way I took my ST4 to a local show last night and was very surprised it won the only award the peoples choice award. :thumbup:
Had a great time explaining the history, the mechanicals, and the usage with a bunch of car guys. :cool:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Orange also had VW powered machines.

Attachments

• 322mudsno.jpg
    322mudsno.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 67

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You should also seek out VW shows.

Snow Trac and Kristi snowcats are both VW powered, so both are welcome at VW shows.
I did the VW show in Omaha several years ago. I won a second place in the off road class.
Great group of people at that show...
I also took the ST to the Albert City Ia. Thresermen and collectors show 3 weeks ago. No judging involved just display for 3 days. Lots of people gathered round each time I explained the mechanicals and a told some history of the Snow Trac machine. I had several people tell me those days they were officially going to hunt down a Snow Trac for themselves.
These machines although little known are eye candy for the masses....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
yes yes yes yes yes yes, go

go to a, all British car show with a kitten...little English ford engines

the mopar shows just love snow cats with mopar power, hemis' are truly the gold standard of the show

the chevy guys go nuts when they see a mouse motor in a tucker, and they just start drooling,

or just go to any show, and you will be the most talked about rig there, you are sure to have a great time...

oh oh oh, don't forget about the v-dub shows, wild and crazy

Last edited:

Snowy Rivers

Car shows are always loads of fun.

We have a car show each summer.
The usual small block Chevies stuffed in about everything and Big block 5-6 and 7 Chevies.
The Mopar crowd always put on a grand display...
One old guy usually shows up with his 57 T bird with a 502 Chevy in it......
That thing is awesome. 4L80 E trans and a tricked out 9" Ford rear end..Add on AC and very sweet leather interior.

A few old MILITARY rigs are usually there...An M211 and one year a fella had a half track......

Several T bucket rods.....And the bevy of VW bugs all tricked out

IF I can get my 2100 done before I die ....A car show would be in order....
My number 1 grand son is all over that idea....