• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sw 48 Bombardier brakes

fixer2

Hi I have a 1973 sw 48 that's the older one with the chy industrial engine and the 3 speed manual so how do I adjust the steering bands and how much can I .How will I know if they need to be replaced.How much thickness on them? Where would I get redone wons or mine gone over or do I have to buy newer ones?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Use the bolts at the base of the levers to adjust stock levers 3" from dashboard. That's what the manual says.

If you want to see the bands, you need to remove the body and the gas tank and the cover and look at the differential.

Minnesota Outdoors has rebuilt bands with a core exchange.

gabbott3

I have a 1970 SW 48 that I bought in 2001. Used it for 7 years ran great, but has been sitting since. New to the Forum, but can see that there is a lot of information out there. I saw that pixie may have a manual ???? The braking / steering bands are not responding like they used to...the adjustment is in the base of the levers ???? 25 miles north of Boston

Attachments

• bombidier.pdf
    135.9 KB · Views: 38

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
The Operators manual has basic maintainance stuff. Sometimes found on ebay.
The adjustment is at the base of the levers.