• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Suzuki mini truck on tracks

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Wheel adapters for the van showed up today, now just waiting on the water pump, timing belt and the tracks.

Attachments

• IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 352

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Lookie what showed up yesterday afternoon. Should get to installing them sometime in September.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1119.jpg
    IMG_1119.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 308

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
No way I would be able to wait that long!!! Lol

I hear ya, but I have too many other things going right now and it a 100 outside. In the mean time I'm thinking about the anti rotation arms I have to make. I will just copy Mattracks design but for $1400.00 less.

alryA

Do post photos of the anti-rotation setup you build. I think its funny that many people seem to think that they're not necessary.....

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Do post photos of the anti-rotation setup you build. I think its funny that many people seem to think that they're not necessary.....

I have the installation manual so I plan to copy the design in the book as closely as I can They have an arrangement of 4 rubber cushions on flat bars then a square tube that fits over it with a plate on the end that bolts through the whole assembly. The rubber cushions are what controls the anti rotation limit. I ordered the rubber cushions yesterday from Mattracks as they are the only pieces I can't fabricate. The rubber cushions do the job of the rubber bumper with the spring and nuts arrangement on the camso tracks. I will take pictures and post them as I go.

Attachments

• IMG_1125.jpg
    IMG_1125.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This is how the arrangement attaches to the tracks. I shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate.

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 283

alryA

Gee, that is really a different system than what Camso or soucy uses. I can't see how it attaches to the vehicles frame or pods.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The rear uses a straight bar with a toggle link arrangement between the main bar and the frame mount, I think this is how they are controlling the rotation limit.

The front just attaches to the front A arm with no toggle, appears that there is no rotation allowed on the front other than what the rubber cushions allow.

Attachments

• IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 267

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
It makes a bit more sense now. Is there any way to make travel adjustments to it??

I think they engineered the links to limit the rotation. I plan to use a large Hyme joint on one end to have better adjustment.

alryA

Yes, I understand that but on other anti-rotation systems its adjustable via changing the position of the nuts on the stabilizer rods. That way the operator can set it as they see fit.

I think they engineered the links to limit the rotation. I plan to use a large Hyme joint on one end to have better adjustment.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I understand that but on other anti-rotation systems its adjustable via changing the position of the nuts on the stabilizer rods. That way the operator can set it as they see fit.

My plan is to install the tracks set the angle I want on the tracks by blocking them off of the floor. On one end of the arm I will install a large Hyme joint. On the other end a few extra holes in the bar mount. Then I can use the extra holes and the Hyme joint threads to fine tune them from there.

country_boy

i have been following your thread. and was curious how much bigger are the mattracks vs the camso? looking at buying a set for my polaris general thanks and good luck exploring your property! i have a bit of property in northern california my self that we really enjoy exploring!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
i have been following your thread. and was curious how much bigger are the mattracks vs the camso? looking at buying a set for my polaris general thanks and good luck exploring your property! i have a bit of property in northern california my self that we really enjoy exploring!

I have to check for sure but 144 sq inches comes to mind.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a good idea to leave you're toys on the mountain. 1- slightly used Suzuki on tracks for sale. Any offers:shitHitFan:

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 243

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

There are 3 different sizes of the EZ UTV tracks, I got the middle length, the make them called EZ UTV Maxims they are 12"-18" longer than the set I bought but they are almost double the price.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Where is you're property located?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Ahh damn, that the worst of it?

Im going up there tomorrow, they are now letting people in, the picture was taken by a logger friend that was working there and was able to get in. Lost 3 out buildings, the Suzuki and I don't know about my water tank. But thankfully the cabin survived.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not a good idea to leave you're toys on the mountain. 1- slightly used Suzuki on tracks for sale. Any offers:shitHitFan:

Ahh man. So sad. Sorry to see these pics. You worked so hard to build that up into an awesome tracked machine. Damn. Any chance you had insurance on it? Or if you have it on the cabin sometimes it covers equipment used there also ...at least my homeowners does.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Ahh man. So sad. Sorry to see these pics. You worked so hard to build that up into an awesome tracked machine. Damn. Any chance you had insurance on it? Or if you have it on the cabin sometimes it covers equipment used there also ...at least my homeowners does.

Thanks for the words, The place is off grid so no homeowners. I checked into it and unless everything was permitted when built, has utilities from the providers the insurance company's won't touch it, especially in a fire zone and the mini truck is off road to. At least I still have the Tracked mini mini Van to get up there in. It is what it is and I wasn't the first or will be the last to get burned up there, Last I looked it was only 3% contained. It took out 8 homes that I know of within a 10 miles. of the cabin. The fire started 30 miles away but they let it rip because of equipment shortages and just concentrated on protecting the towns. The guy that took the pictures for me had logging equipment up there to. He said it all got some damage but was able to drive them out.

country_boy

dang that is a terrible what a bummer. sorry to hear that our place is up north of sacramento about 75 miles in amador county

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Ouch! Sorry to see that! I’ve got a few friends that are out on the Colorado wildfires and it is devastating; so sad to see all people’s stuff and the timber be lost