• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

submit your photo's for new snowcat embroidery designs

bkvail

I've got the Thiokol 4T/601, a 2 door and 4 door Spryte embroidery designs, and am working on an Imp..... If anybody would like to see their snowcat in embroidery, I am going to try to build up an ''arsenal'' of snowcat designs to offer on shirts/hats/etc.
'Quartered' shots are great, but side views are also OK. I'd like to branch out to other brands, but especially like to do the vintage stuff :)
You can post your pics here or send them to me at bkvail@gte.net

Karin

bkvail

here's pics of the stitch-outs of the designs I have so far:

embspryte.jpg

embmy4T.jpg

embdmcspryte.jpg

I couldn't find my actual stitch-out pic of the (DMC) Spryte, but that is a pic from my embroidery program of it. Ignore the jump-threads, those get cut off after embroidery, wish I could have the program not show those, but it does.....

I have another Thiokol 4T/601 style design that is digitized from the same pic as the one before that I will be stitching out this week and get a pic - it's similar, just a little different style of digitizing, maybe a bit more detailed. Any of these can be done in any color threads too - I've done khaki and army blue several times - everybody seems to love the Thiokol orange though :)

These are 3-4'' wide designs - I can't do anything bigger than 4 1/2''x6 1/2'' on my machine unfortunately. I'd love to be able to do full backs on jackets, but I can't at this point......

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The snowtrac is an Aktiv ST4 snowtrac - name of the 'brand' - Swedish. The camo is because they were used by the Royal Marines of the UK.

bkvail

well, here's a pic of the Swedish snowtrac, finally got it stitched out. Looks great I think! I might have to stitch the running board things on the side in a slightly off-white so they show better.
embsnowtrac.jpg

Here's a 4T4 design I'm almost done with (a few more tweaks)
emb4t4.jpg

And the Kristi:
kristicat.jpg

The Imp:
embimp.jpg

imp1404.jpg

The Sprytes:
embspryte.jpg

embdmcspryte.jpg

And of course the original that started this all - the 4T10 (601) that started this all :)
BDCC.JPG

berg

not sue about the pixel deal....

I am new to the adobe photshop.... I should have saved it ( them ) before I resized them smaller. I'll try again later.. here is another but to pixelated I assume.

Attachments

• sno1.jpg
    sno1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 427

bkvail

are these a machine that a lot of people have? That second pic is a little better - the detail in the tracks is what I was most worried about not being able to see with the pixelation.......

teledawg

that pic is so pixel-ated - do you have a clearer image? that is a snowtrac, right?
That is a photo of my 1968 Aktiv Trac-Master (aka the FBI Rig). Here is the original photo...

Attachments

• IMG_1348 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1348 (Medium).JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 408

bkvail

ahh, now I see why the track didn't look right on the b/w photo - because of the snow! I'll see what I can do with the color photo, thanks.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would love to buy some of the Snow Trac and Snow Master stuff!!!

I love what you did to Ice Queen's black and white military unit. Here are a couple of more photo for you to consider, not sure if these will help any?
Herbie1-2007.jpg

4.jpg

berg

I feel like I'm spammin ya... with all my pics

Beware novice photoshopper here.. I get the impression you don't need too much detail as the machine can't duplicate too much detail

Attachments

• STzz copy.jpg
    STzz copy.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 405

bkvail

the first photo of the snowtrac would be great actually. I have to do what they call ''manually punch'' the design. I have to go into a embroidery digitizing program and give it parameters to fill, directions for the stitches, etc. It's a long process. I only WISH I could give the machine a good picture and have it stitch it just like that!

I don't have any good pics of a Tucker - although my brother in law used to have one, all the pics I have of it aren't suitable. If I got a good pic (I think quartered pics are best to show front and side of the machines), then I definitely would be interested in working on creating a design :)

I have a question - what's the difference in the snowtrack/snowmaster/tracmaster? They all look the same to me? Are they same brand, different years?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a question - what's the difference in the snowtrack/snowmaster/tracmaster? They all look the same to me? Are they same brand, different years?
They are basically the same but with minor differences. The Snow Master is essentially identical to the Trac Master, except for age. So consider the Snow Master and Trac Master as the same.

The Snow Trac versus the Snow Master primarily differ only in track size. The Snow Master has wider and longer tracks, but the body is identical to the Snow Trac. The Snow Trac was far more widely produced and there are probably 3 to 5 times as many Snow Tracs are there are Snow Master/Trac Masters combined.

bkvail

68activtrack-master.jpg

here's a pic of the trac-master (snow-trac) design! I have to wait to stitch it out (have other things stitching right now, will get to it in a couple days). I can do it with or without the background :)

teledawg

68activtrack-master.jpg

here's a pic of the trac-master (snow-trac) design! I have to wait to stitch it out (have other things stitching right now, will get to it in a couple days). I can do it with or without the background :)

Very Nice. :w00t2:
I'll take a dozen! :clap:

Hats, tee shirts or jackets? Can you stitch them onto patches too?

bkvail

yes, I have several sizes to do hats, shirts, jackets, whatever your heart desires that I can fit in my machine, LOL. I tend to get most of my embroidery blanks from www.blankshirts.com - you can go there and find all kinds of stuff to put the embroidery on :D I do think I could probably work out a patch for it too..... I'll see what I can do!

bkvail

added the snow-trac / trac-master to my store - I stitched out one on a gray XL shirt last night - turned out great!
embtrackmaster2.jpg

Karin

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Karin, You do great work!! Please feel free to use my avatar (quartered shot) if it is helpful. I can provide better shots if you are interested.