• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Steering Pressures Advice Needed!

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy All,

Does any one have a Bombardier SV 200, 250, 252, or any other Brake Steer Cat that they can help me out on....My SV is all tore apart and I need to know how much brake force is applied at the Steering Cylinders and Levers, So If you had a HD Fish scale or pull scale and could drive around and see how many pounds it takes to pull the levers that would be Fantastic!!!

I've got this crazy idea of using electric actuators and a joystick to steer vs brake fluid steering and I used some Norveegean math to calculate it out, I just need to confirm it with your actuals!!! I'm just trying to build a better mousetrap but Hydraulic steering is my backup option!

Thanks in advance

Mt406

Howdy All,

Does any one have a Bombardier SV 200, 250, 252, or any other Brake Steer Cat that they can help me out on....My SV is all tore apart and I need to know how much brake force is applied at the Steering Cylinders and Levers, So If you had a HD Fish scale or pull scale and could drive around and see how many pounds it takes to pull the levers that would be Fantastic!!!

I've got this crazy idea of using electric actuators and a joystick to steer vs brake fluid steering and I used some Norveegean math to calculate it out, I just need to confirm it with your actuals!!! I'm just trying to build a better mousetrap but Hydraulic steering is my backup option!

Thanks in advance
My sv250 is in pieces right now, but my sw48 is running now to find a scale.

Snowy Rivers

Actual pressure in the cylinders is going to be approx 400 psi
Force is multiplied by the ratio of the lever on the master cylinder and then the ratio of the master cylinder to the steering cylinder.