• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

St4b groomer?

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Not that I've been around so I don't know. Not seen one before, these are pretty rare?

Attachments

• 20201127_163038.jpg
    20201127_163038.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 150

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a half cab unit. Some of those indeed had a roller type groomer mounted. Might be the rear roller frame out back. Is there a hydraulic system on it?
There was a front roller in the grooming units as well. Should be able to tell if one was at one time mounted there.
That looks like a restorable unit, from what can be seen.

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, everything Kirk said.

Snow Trac groomers were used in the Olympics in Sapporo, Japan but I don’t recall if they were 1/2 cab models. I know they had the rotary groomers which this appears to be equipped to use.

PJL

Melensdad is correct.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea it says it has factory hydraulics, looks to be plumbed to front and rear. Not another project for me, but just learning. There were many of these made?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Melensdad is correct.
Somewhere on these forums we have photos and an article about the Sapporo machines.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea it says it has factory hydraulics, looks to be plumbed to front and rear. Not another project for me, but just learning. There were many of these made?
Probably not. But neither are they particularly collectable.

The real value of the Snow Traces is they are useable, easily reparable, and can pretty much be made to run forever (at least as long as you can get a replacement VW engine)

HankScorpio

Flippers piss me off. I would like to have a "B" model. I hang out in deep powder and the wide track would be great but I would really want a full cab. At that price it doesn't matter anyway. Anybody comes across a st4b for a decent price in the rockies send them my way.