Soooooo, what’s your favorite side by side?

Thebartman

...2 seater.

Attachments

• 75BD7636-3DB5-4518-A3DD-C223D895127E.jpeg
    75BD7636-3DB5-4518-A3DD-C223D895127E.jpeg
    819.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 2E9EE7A6-B579-4021-91EC-54DAFCE6EEE6.jpeg
    2E9EE7A6-B579-4021-91EC-54DAFCE6EEE6.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 26
  • CE9040C2-FDB8-42FB-8117-9FAFA4AC98D6.jpeg
    CE9040C2-FDB8-42FB-8117-9FAFA4AC98D6.jpeg
    865.3 KB · Views: 25

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Mine is used for work around the 13 acre homestead. It's just a little Gator 550 XUV. Not very exciting but it does what I need it to do.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a Kubota 900. Fun factor is near zero but it'll work like you wouldn't believe.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
I've rented a polaris 900 for a day of riding by Zion National Park in Utah. Had a blast. I've ridden in a friends Polaris 900. A fun ride.
I own a Honda Pioneer 1000 it's the 5 seater version. Nice. Dependable. Fun but not as much fun as the polaris.
I've owned both Kubota RTV 900 and Kubota RTV 1140. I sold them but have the need for the handy hydraulic dump bed to spread gravel on my back trails. So I'm leaving shortly to look at a Kubota RTV 1100 with enclosed cab. Heat and air. I hope to bring it home with me today. Pics coming later if I do.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a Yamaha S/S with an enclosed cab, a load bed in back. Gun Racks, winch, totally loaded. Bought it last summer and it will see use this winter in my Ozark place. I had a Honda rancher but the wife didn't like it. I did but,,,; This is for her

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Here a pics of my favs. honda Pioneer and Kubota RTV x1100c. Both are fun. Honda can run the trails with the big boys. Kubota is a work horse and can do trails but the inbetween rough parts where others get up and go the Kubota tops out at 25 to 28 depending on terrane.

If looking for fun on trails and comfortable bucket seats Polaris and Yamaha are both good picks.

I added the Kubota to my stable today. Enclosed cab with heat a a/c. I think I'll get used to that real fast. LOL
5.jpg
6.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This one was destroyed a forest fire, 1994 Suzuki 3 cylinder 650cc 64 hp, hi lo transfer case with lockers, I am going to build another soon. I think the next one will be a dump bed and A/C in the summer is nice to. I will also track the next one as where it is used its mandatory. ( no chains and belts in the drive system, everything built like a full size truck but smaller.) If taken care of they will go 200,000 miles and the same size and weight of a Polaris ranger.

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Doc

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a little biased as I have a cfmoto uforce. But nothing against other brands. I have 3200kms on mine in 3 years without a single mechanical issue or warranty claim. And I don't baby it.
20201104_102249.jpg

Attachments

• 20201112_120659.jpg
    20201112_120659.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine is an old CJ5 Jeep. It is not all that much wider, but quite a bit heavier than a typical 2 place UTV... No trailer required, just license like any auto. I have a roll bar, bikini top, hard top for winter.. It has a winch on the front, a 305 V8 under the hood, 3 speed trans. It can tow a boat to the lake if required lol.. I paid $3K for it back in the day, and yet today I believe I could get $2,500 for it. Lots less expensive to own. But is isn't all that pretty to look at either lol...
Sorry but this is much more practical and useful for what I do, and the way I use it... In winter it is a snow cat I prefer lol...
Of course your mileage may differ.... ;)

Thebartman

Mine is an old CJ5 Jeep. It is not all that much wider, but quite a bit heavier than a typical 2 place UTV... No trailer required, just license like any auto. I have a roll bar, bikini top, hard top for winter.. It has a winch on the front, a 305 V8 under the hood, 3 speed trans. It can tow a boat to the lake if required lol.. I paid $3K for it back in the day, and yet today I believe I could get $2,500 for it. Lots less expensive to own. But is isn't all that pretty to look at either lol...
Sorry but this is much more practical and useful for what I do, and the way I use it... In winter it is a snow cat I prefer lol...
Of course your mileage may differ.... ;)
I have a small fleet already. Just adding to the inventory. The dirt toys include a CJ5, Suzuki Samurai, Super Duty Power-stroke, and a ‘16 Polaris Sportsman 570 Sp Touring. The side by side is more for fair weather trail riding, and the wife’s (and dog’s) comfort. Jeep’s are great but let’s see ya do 80 miles in a day on Jeep roads. In the snow it’s Imping.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I like to take mine down some tight trails. For side by sides, width is a factor. Sure, Polaris rzr and arctic cat wildcat trail models are nice because of their width being somewhere around the 52" width but they don't have a dump box. Mine is 58" wide and can fit down some very tight places.
20200915_111612.jpg
20200915_095611.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a Yamaha light duty side x side. It gets stuck on wet grass.

You guys are making me feel pretty bad about my life choices.

Thebartman

Did you order any options/upgrades/etc?
Already got the windshield, lower doors, passenger grab bars and top. Putting on a winch and air horn now, waiting for a light bar. Probably still going to do some kind of bumpers, back window, and side door enclosures with a heater. No snow for catting so I’m riding this instead.