• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

!!SOLD!! - ST4B Snow Master - Beautiful Machine - Fully Restored

akmountaineer

1976 Aktiv ST4B Snow Master serial 1975. This machine was fully restored a few years ago and may be the nicest ST4B in the world. Over $30,000 was invested in the machine and restoration. I'm also including a Thiokol tilt trailer with a 14 foot deck that has new brakes, bearings, and wiring. This is a great opportunity to acquire a gorgeous machine that is collector / museum quality. I bought it with the intention of keeping it in the family forever but a move and consolidation of hobbies has me evaluating the buying interest.

$19,500 for the package which is less than I have invested in it. Located near the Tahoe area of Northern California.

Thanks!

Attachments

• WP_20160516_11_58_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160516_11_58_10_Pro.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,962
  • WP_20160516_11_58_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160516_11_58_25_Pro.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,944
  • WP_20160516_11_58_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160516_11_58_37_Pro.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,951
  • WP_20160516_11_58_51_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160516_11_58_51_Pro.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,973
  • WP_20160516_11_59_20_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160516_11_59_20_Pro.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,938
  • WP_20160516_12_00_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160516_12_00_10_Pro.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,906
  • WP_20160516_11_59_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160516_11_59_58_Pro.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,931
  • WP_20160516_12_00_17_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160516_12_00_17_Pro.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,920
  • D5EFD19E-AE3F-40C1-8288-BEE4956866DC.JPG
    D5EFD19E-AE3F-40C1-8288-BEE4956866DC.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,921
  • IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 1,958

Fbmcurtis

Re: WTS - ST4B Snow Master - Beautiful Machine - Fully Restored

Absolutely awesome machine. If I had the cash I'd buy it. Good luck with the sale!

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Very nice... very... One day I'll try out this machine...

Sierra M37

Local to me and wish I had the cash flow to get her. Beautiful machine.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter

That looks like a really nice machine. REALLY NICE! And the addition of the trailer makes it that much better.

Last year I looked at Utah Wilson's Track Master and trailer that he had for sale. It was "all there", but needed some reassembly. I thought seriously about buying it, and of course one tries to calculate what the total cost will be once it's all done. Remembering back I don't think I could have bought that and finished it for what you're asking.

On a different (musclecar) forum I read there is a current thread about how people don't appreciate how much it costs to restore stuff, and how difficult it is to get your money out (not even considering the time aspect). The general consensus on that forum is that it's smart to buy a vehicle that someone else has put the time and money into the restoration.

I think your package is an outstanding value. Good luck with the sale!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

The general consensus on that forum is that it's smart to buy a vehicle that someone else has put the time and money into the restoration.

There is plenty of wisdom in this statement...

And I agree it is a very good value, and an excellent example of the ST4B..

Regards, Kirk

cabinboy

I THINK YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD LOOKING MACHINE . I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT BUT NOW I WILL HAVE TO FIND THE FUNDS. I ALREADY HAVE TWO SNOWCATS WILL HAVE COME UP WITH A REASON FOR A THIRD.

nikos

Nice, clean, beautiful and fully restored ST4B Snow Master.:wow::clap::wow::clap:

Nikos

nikos

akmountaineer
I need your help, your opinion, and some extra fotos about the O.E.M Air Filter. (Outside and inside)

There is a tube, or hose on the Air Filter, i suppose....correct me if i am wrong, which is for, to direct the hot air inside the carb,from the upper side of the muffler. Especially in the winter, when the fuels are more cold in the tank than any other time, I think is better to mix the fuels inside the carb with hot air.
Last year i notice something about the fuels, and the fresh cold air inside the carb. Because of that, the fumes at the end of the exhaust are not so clean. (There were black and liquid sighs on the snow. Something about the liquefaction of the fuels).
The worm days this problem disappear.
They told me that the distance inside the VW carb SOLEX32 is to long, and this phenomenon happen when the cold fuels are coming and mix also with the cold air, because there is no time for the two element to get worm.
So, only in the cold days i had this problem, with the air filter.

Guys... I know the solution of this problem, (How to bring hot air inside the carb) but i need your opinion, and the extra help.

Thank you

Now i am in vocation in a Greek Island - Lefkada in the Ionian Sea, but i am thinking that the winter is coming.....

Nikos

Attachments

• D5EFD19E-AE3F-40C1-8288-BEE4956866DC.JPG
    D5EFD19E-AE3F-40C1-8288-BEE4956866DC.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,436

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

mine is set up kind of the same way the process of evaporating fuel causes the atmosphere to cool there by causing moisture in the fuel to create ice in the carb the efe tube also helps to control wetted walls in the long intake runners

nikos

mine is set up kind of the same way the process of evaporating fuel causes the atmosphere to cool there by causing moisture in the fuel to create ice in the carb the efe tube also helps to control wetted walls in the long intake runners

Don.... A Great Thank you

Jon,

I have left you 5+ Voice mails and your phone greeting states you are "Out Exploring the World". Not sure what else to do. I have PM'd, Emailed and left 5+ Voice mails to coordinate completing this transaction.

After the last post and several more phone calls I finally received a call from Jon. He told me there is another buyer and I had a 50/50 chance. I am going to pass and am no longer interested.

rodre

As an avid buyer of uniq and rare crap I sympathize with you, I hate when that happens to me. Personally I have a first come first serve basis when I sell stuff and have even turned down offers of extra cash - it's called Karma

Fbmcurtis

I agree if you're selling something that is in a niche category especially 15k+ don't give me a 50% if I'm willing to buy full price. :hammer:
Go for that Kristi kt7!

Last edited:

akmountaineer

Wow, since rockymtnshepherds (Gavin) seems to want to turn this thread into a dramatic soap opera, I guess I should tell the truth about this alleged "cash buyer" who either likes spreading misinformation or grossly misunderstood our conversation. He made an offer which I agreed to, but then never followed through and I didn't hear from him for another three weeks despite many efforts to contact him and conclude the sale. Then when he finally made up his mind that he wanted the machine, he somehow believed he was still fully entitled to be the number one buyer. I explained that in his absence I was working with another buyer and I'd be happy to let him know if the deal fell through. This wasn't good enough for him so he thought launching an angry tirade on this forum would somehow help his buyer status. Beware of dealing with this guy if you cross paths in the future. The vindictive nature of his posts tells all. :hammer:

luvthemvws

Well hopefully that episode is passed.
Is the Snowtrac still available? Has someone handed over money and taken possession of it?

Fbmcurtis

Fair enough. Beautiful machine. If I had the cash id buy it right now no bullshit. Would you take payments. Lol

Last edited:

vintagebike

Maybe next year?

I’ve had a lot of locals asking about buying a Snow Cat. If for some reason you find yourself still owning the ST4 I’m thinking you would leave McCall with an empty trailer.

Jon,

You know that's all BS what you wrote. When you first listed this I offered you $500 less than you were asking (19k) and you didn't want to come down one red cent. After I carefully considered that (not $1 less BS) I decided not to buy as I thought I had made a strong offer. Then months later you PM me saying you will take my offer. I posted here I agreed right after your PM. Then you told me the 50/50 chance BS after weeks of trying to get you to answer my emails/PM's and phone calls to confirm YOUR counter offer/acceptance. I slept on the 50/50 chance BS and decided the next day to not buy as you then had texted me and demanded full payment within a few days sight unseen and "that may put me in first place as the other buyer was dragging their feet on payment". What a load of crap. Moving on here....sorry to take board space but the whole story needed to be told as I do act with Integrity and Respect in all my dealings. Good luck with your sale!!