• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow trac on KSL

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that's a very nice looking rig I bet the price is high but it is a nice turn key rig.

R

Reddog

Nice looking rig indeed! :thumb:

486445-1392745411-272243.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I talked with the with the owner him and his mechanic spent many hours with their noses buried in ff while rebuilding it should you purchase it think of it should be done as if we all had a hand in the resto.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
What am I missing here?

From what little I know of the Activ made machines, the rare (and desirable) ones are the Snow Master and the Trac Master. It would seem to me those would command the most money.

Several years ago I had a conversation with Bill Guthrie and he asked if I'd seen the recent eBay auction of a Snow Trac. He was shocked that one had brought $13K.

Bob had his for sale for some time at a whole lot less than this one and it looked to be in remarkably nice shape.

What makes this one so special? Just asking...I have no interest in buying.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thinking he is aiming high... That said it is rare to have one this well done show up with a rather complete looking list of repairs.. and very nice paint. SO if some one just had to have the nicest one around, right now he may find that guy..

You are right about the ST4B's, but consider that maybe 10% of these machines are in the type of snow that requires requires those wide tracks. To move one you must have a deck over wheel trailer at 103" wide.. And thus a more limited market. But put one for sale this nice and it may be worth more yet.

I don't think it will fetch $20K though.

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
this one is priced higher than you would normally see, it's a complete restoration with little more than 10 hours on it since rebuild. not a bad deal once you have seen what went into it.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
My cat never sees a trailer, out the door and on snow !

plus 1 on that, that's why I had no worries about getting a full width 2100. not only do I not have worry about trailers I don't have any trees to deal with

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk and Don,

Thanks for the information.

I live in Park City so I'm tempted to give the guy a call and have an up-close look at a Snow Trac.

If anyone is interested I'll bring a camera and try and take some photos (if there's something specific you want a picture of; let me know).

jake876

I am the owner the snow trac in Park City. I spoke with Don last week and I do have a little flexibility in the price. That said, I don't need to sell it but I don't really use it and has only been used for about 3-5 hours post restoration. If there is someone who wants a snow trac and appreciates all the work that has been done please let me know.

As Don said, the mechanic and myself used this forum through the entire restoration project and I am happy to connect a potential buyer with the mechanic.

Thanks for looking.

Jake

R

Reddog

I think the pricing is right on.
The rig is rare, something like one of 2250 ever produced. It is narrow and light, a very desirable combination for lots of folks. Add to that the the rig looks to be in VERY good shape and ready to go, it all adds up to a rig that SHOULD bring top of the market.
When folks ask me about my TM and ask if I'd sell it (which is sort of silly, I'll sell about anything...) they usually have no point of reference to equate my asking price to anything they are familiar with. I usually point out that a person can easily spend well over $10K on a snowmobile these days and not have anything close to a snowcat.
While many folks here have a point of reference, I have not heard of anyone that has actually laid eyes on this rig and/or are looking to buy. We are more appraisers than buyers. The buyer of this rig will probably develop an emotional attachment to it prior to the purchase and that will, more than anything dictate the price paid. Isn't that, at some level, why most of us have cats? The buyer of this rig will WANT it, and probably not really NEED it.
In our neck of the woods, there are second (or third or fourth) homeowners who have lots more disposable income than I will ever have and have spent more than the asking price of this rig on a side by side and accessories to try to get around in the snow. They would have spent their money much more wisely on this machine at the full asking price than buying what they have. AND, compare what that dolled up side by side is going to be worth in 3 years compared to this rig. There is no comparison, other than what is paid.
I think that what someone else paid for something similar or what some else is asking for their stuff has very little to do with what something is worth, especially in a "don't have to sell" situation.
Great looking rig, GLWS and I bet the next owner will be happy with the purchase.