• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, march 10-16, 2021

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not according to the news report above- sounded like west coast hell, east coast heaven!

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How difficult will it be to find a room that weekend if I was to be able to come out on a last days notice?
Things might just line up for Mrs. Nikson to join...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
very simple, use the room reservation code provided in the thread and book your room, you should be okay, even for one day at the last minute, might have limited room choices, but sure you will be able to get one...

Last edited:

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
SVS21 (Sun Valley Serenade 2021 - sorry 33 years at a nuclear facility where everything is an acronym) is getting close, is anyone else building a Rocket Plane? I haven't started on mine yet but I do have some cheater concepts in mind. Being a 200# fat ass I do need to recruit a light weight Rocket Jockey, anyone interested? Sno-Surfer are either of your children interested (helmet required)? Anyone else interested in being or providing a Rocket jockey?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
SVS21RPR (sun valley serenade 2021 rocket plane races), team PP has 2 sleds nearly done, also have signed two world class pilots,

launch pad is completed

the organizing committee is working on the track location setup, it requires a frozen lake and or iced over road, will update soon on track location.

fyi, sno surfer is a light weight...ooooops I mean he does weigh all that much, pretty skinny guy.....much like a tooth pick

Last edited:

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Snow depth and stability is improved since December and January. Going to be a little south of here tomorrow.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
fullsizeoutput_574.jpeg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Last year my son and I were gifted a magnificent piece of art with the caveat that we returned a sculpture of sorts or it goes back. For a longtime I thought it was going back and that was the easy way out.

Below is last years Tucker Metal sculpture for those of you who did not attend. Quite a masterpiece and whoever took it was faced with a daunting task of at least making a project to stand on the shoulder of this giant!

The kids and I finally completed our sculpture. We hope the group approves and we appreciate the opportunity!
ED2CE502-11B6-45BC-BB93-E4EA760BB458.jpeg
5876D647-16B3-49F8-A29D-6AEEC2A92404.jpeg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
project "OG"

Original Gathering of Old Grouser Parts

All parts are authentic Tucker A/Standard grouser, rollers, nuts, links, pins with the exception of the cotterpins and vintage ski.

Features:
Working Rollers
Chalkboard Ski
Questionable Welds
Removable Cotterpins
Removable links accessories available in Pontoon Princess, Pontoon Prince, and Grouser Neutral colors.

Event MasCat can been seen live this year at SV2021!

33DEDCB4-8EC5-4055-B6D8-AA79713994CA.jpeg
87BBBBA5-D81D-4A04-A4AD-56CFC724341D.jpeg
27814247-93E4-4D60-9A5C-CD9BCE6058DC.jpeg
B819C9B8-A735-4D1F-8784-6858911B8730.jpeg
E74B65BA-E4A9-4821-8621-FF65695F5A41.jpeg
FDEC12F7-EE82-4FEE-9B3A-EB6CB996A738.jpeg

Last edited:

funtracks

My wife and I also have our flights, room and SUV booked, should be able to meet up for dinner Thursday night if all goes well and enjoy all that Sun Valley has to offer Fri, Sat, Sun...can't wait to see more faces associated with all the awesome snowcats in this group! Is anyone else that attended the 2021 Snowcat Clowder in Michigan going to be at this snowcat serenade?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
fullsizeoutput_58a.jpeg

couple weeks out and all is good to go

please park in the same lot as last year, it is the St Moritz lot

and for anyone, needing info and or help.

please contact via PM me on the forums

otherwise, I will be buying drinks Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night at 7 pm in the Rams Head lounge, it is located in the Sun Valley Inn, and that is where you can pickup up your info packet...

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
this year will be a another good one for the gathering of old grousers, got great snow, wonderful daily adventures, lots of first time snow cat serenaders form may different parts of the country, sorry no facebook or instagram, just the forums where snow catters meet, check in here for any updates and or new info.

we will do a text blasts for current info once in sun valley.

looking to see ya soon,

remember I am buying after dinner drinks in the Rams Head lounge, Sun Valley Inn, 7ish, will hand out info packet on Wednesday Thursday and Friday...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
change order,

I will be buying after dinner drinks and handing out bags and info, in the Eddie Duchin Lounge in the Sun Valley Lodge, on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights about 7ish. meet and greet time for everyone, please observe social distancing rules.....

reports from the area are, we have great snow conditions, thus we will have amazing snow cat treks into the back country

first up, Thursday, we are going to Gelena summit, this trek is going to take your breath away.

Last edited:

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
When you are still learning the tricks it’s nice to have a great Sno-Cat mechanic on your side. Bob Gallegos of Bob-Bardier Snowcat.

Attachments

• 386D30F9-EF14-41FA-859B-2A9FF09ABD82.jpeg
    386D30F9-EF14-41FA-859B-2A9FF09ABD82.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 112

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
wanted to take a moment

to thank each and everyone that is coming to the gathering of old grousers at the snow cat serenade, truly know how much time and effort it takes to get to one of these events, and without you, there is no event,

again, thank you so much

PP
Well I would like to thank you for putting this serenade on. I know that it takes a very large effort to put a gathering like this on. Thank you very much, and my family and myself are looking forward to the event.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
The Gmoose-1000 Cheater Rocket Plane plans have been drafted today, fabrication will commence tomorrow. The plans have been marked confidential so they cannot be shared here. However, major components consist of plywood, 2 x 6's, lots of screws, and the secret weapon (6 cross country skis). The Gmoose-1000 (if it works) will have the ability to accommodate from small to large jockeys with the patent pending length adjustment feature. Stay tuned for some spy photos to be shared soon.

Also, do we know when the launching of the planes will be, I have to make sure my specially trained rocket plane jockey arrives on time.

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
I will be needing lots of pictures of the whole event this year. Was too busy working out of town to get my cat ready and I won't be able to make it this year. Not happy here at all. So everyone have a great time and post lots of pictures for us non-attendee's.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
I will be needing lots of pictures of the whole event this year. Was too busy working out of town to get my cat ready and I won't be able to make it this year. Not happy here at all. So everyone have a great time and post lots of pictures for us non-attendee's.
Will do.