sno(w) cat serenade, march 10-16, 2021

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Camping! OK, I've been a bit back logged on this. I was going to do a survey monkey....

How many of the serenade folks think they 1:will camp 2:want camp 3:might camp 4 won't camp 5: what you crazy?

only 1-3 need reply. OK, the camping location is the Baker Creek Campground where we based lunch out of last year. While I love snow camping, I know it's not everyone's thing. The initial idea is group meals for dinner, breakfast. everyone provide own accommodations. I will coordinate cooking etc. Now, while Baker Creek is not the Stanley Basin (where the record low temp for cont US was set) it may be a tad cold so some preparation is in line. I have located a camping rental company that will ship to ? (if folks need this, I will contact the inn and see if they will accept the package for you). But, I suspect most snow campers have their own equipment.

If it doesn't work for you on this trip, I do urge you to try snow camping, it is my favorite camping experience.

Sno-Surfer

Thanks Cider Tom for the organizing. I'll do my best to fill in where needed. I'd add that the times I've gone snow camping, I just brought a regular tent with lots of blankets and a thick pad to sleep on. I think the thick pad helps a lot to insulate you from the snow covered ground. Other than that, I think Cider Tom and I will have the food covered but still looking to book some good entertainment.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Cider Tom for the organizing. I'll do my best to fill in where needed. I'd add that the times I've gone snow camping, I just brought a regular tent with lots of blankets and a thick pad to sleep on. I think the thick pad helps a lot to insulate you from the snow covered ground. Other than that, I think Cider Tom and I will have the food covered but still looking to book some good entertainment.
music you say, hey, snow surfer dude, is the Hungarian violin VW bus showing up?