• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, march 10-16, 2021

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I will be needing lots of pictures of the whole event this year. Was too busy working out of town to get my cat ready and I won't be able to make it this year. Not happy here at all. So everyone have a great time and post lots of pictures for us non-attendee's.

Honestly, you and everyone from last year that are unable to make it back, will be greatly missed, what a great bunch of people, always enjoy meeting and seeing each and everyone, this year is a good one, couple newbies are coming out, and with a couple great new areas to trek into and explore, the vistas/views in the Sawtooths are absolutely breathtakingly beautiful.

big thank you to Jack, John, David and Brandt, the Idaho boys.

Again you will be missed...

as for those that have never attended, you really don't know, what you are missing...sorry...

PP

Last edited:

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Spy footage has been obtained of the Gmoose-1000. Graphics yet to come.

Concept for steering is to lean or twist, no rear rudder like the original plans have. This is 100% cheater and unproven.

IMG_20210307_141402662.jpg
IMG_20210307_141421601.jpg
IMG_20210307_141500816.jpg

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Need some help. The rug got pulled out from under us a couple weeks ago with a condo we were going to stay at in SV. So now Mr. Procrastination is looking into the lodging at the SV inn. Using the 0321snow code it shows the rooms but will not let me reserve one. Has anyone else had this problem. I can contact them by phone tomorrow, just thought I would ask tpnight. If I missed the boat on the group rate rooms, they do have a stay cation for Idaho residence that it will let me sign up for, I may have to do that instead. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Need some help. The rug got pulled out from under us a couple weeks ago with a condo we were going to stay at in SV. So now Mr. Procrastination is looking into the lodging at the SV inn. Using the 0321snow code it shows the rooms but will not let me reserve one. Has anyone else had this problem. I can contact them by phone tomorrow, just thought I would ask tpnight. If I missed the boat on the group rate rooms, they do have a stay cation for Idaho residence that it will let me sign up for, I may have to do that instead. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
g moose, just give them a call in the morning and there are rooms available at our group rate or give Tayt @ sun valley a call 208 622 2969

yes there was a problem that occurred on Friday with the reservation code

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
g moose, just give them a call in the morning and there are rooms available at our group rate or give Tayt @ sun valley a call 208 622 2969

yes there was a problem that occurred on Friday with the reservation code
Thank you very much, I will call them in the morning. Can hardly wait to see everyone and to do some most awesome snow catting around.

We are planning to arrive late Wednesday, will stop by the Eddie Duchin Lounge when we get in, probably around 8:30 or 9 pm.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I just emailed Tayt and let him know you are calling, he will take care of you and make sure you are happy, again sorry about the room reservation code link going down...

I will be in the Eddie Duchin lounge waiting for you

love the sled !!!

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
For anyone coming without a sno-cat, snowcat, or sno-shu I am bringing both my Frandee and my Tucker Kitten. I can only drive one so the Kitten will be available for use if you are interested (drive at your own risk). I also have two empty seats in the Frandee. My son will be coming up one day, so he will probably be driving the Kitten that day, but other than that it is available. The Kitten is new to me and I have had a few issues with it, but I hope I have the bugs worked out, if not I will just tow it out like I had to in Oregon in January.

Might be interesting pulling this load over Galena Summit, we will see how the 7.3 does and the tranny holds up with the larger cooler. Will probably be a slow pull Thursday.
IMG_20201121_145635321.jpg

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
GMoose really like the foam insulation/shock absorber on the Idaho silhouette, I imagine that will save the pilot some discomfort in the case of some unforeseen accident.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
GMoose really like the foam insulation/shock absorber on the Idaho silhouette, I imagine that will save the pilot some discomfort in the case of some unforeseen accident.
Yes, my son said he would pilot the rocket, however he wanted some protection in that area, and someday I would like to have a grandchild. So foam protection was added.

Sno-Surfer

Speaking of Madd Catters, I have been tasked to gather numbers for a group text like last year. If you want on it please send me your number via PM on this forum and I'll get a list together. Fair warning though, your phone will be blowing up with crazy cat texts for a few days.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
absolutely the most amazing day ever, such wonderful folks, great snow, sunshine that just would not stop, and the trek into the back country of the Stanley basin was beyond description, and did I say, fabulous snow cat friends, and a big thank you to our trek master for today, Brandt, well done, and

honestly, there are not words enough to describe the day, thank you to all that are here, you are the best

Xjm2qZJgQ6Sls39Y5lrh6w.jpg

f9Ys95maShyXXOE7R5FpHA.jpg

9bESALIgQwK1Wocx6706oQ.jpg

BFa4dObvQRGjuC1Y+b3ftw.jpg

zarr7ytXQqOfP4iK91t23A.jpg

MXcwkf2sQ1y7lSALB5ydGg.jpg

and yes, all five, super five hundred trailer have been given away, Sean, Arron, Kyle, jay, and Jesse, hope you all enjoy the trailers for years to come