• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snapper says no to wal mart

dirtybernie

as the proud owner of a snapper rider (1st mower i ever bought new) i enjoyed this article as i hate shopping at wal mart anyway.

http://www.fastcompany.com/subscr/102/open_snapper.html

a3fc22cd.jpg

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I think it's the wrong link ....
but I'm sure glad SOMEONE can say no to Walmart. Look forward to the real link.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good find dirtybernie! That he had to sit in lawn chairs like that was a shocker ...but thinking about it I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

buy_25

Banned
walmart is a joke. They products are poor and the place is dirty. Unless you like throw-a-way items, look somewhere else.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know people who have made presentations at Wal Mart. The description is exactly the same as I have heard. I will say that one of my friends turned down Wal Mart too. From a business standpoint, I would also choose not to do business with them, but I will say that they have dramatically changed the distribution business and improved the efficiencies of many business sectors, even those that do not deal with them. Personally I think they can destroy a company in much the way that was outlined in the article about Snapper, so I do agree with Snapper's decision to pull out for their own long term health.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow - a CEO realizing what is in the best interest of his company and understanding his customer base and distribution channels. That's probably the biggest surprise!

Walmart serves a good purpose. Bash them all you want. Thank god for a free market. I give them lots of my money and can't wait for them to open a store closer to home.

I actually think it's kind of cool that they cheap out at the head office. I've been to the head offices of some oil companies. Didn't see any lawn furniture. Just lots of really expensive wood and leather.

rico304

PBinWA said:
Wow - a CEO realizing what is in the best interest of his company and understanding his customer base and distribution channels. That's probably the biggest surprise!

Walmart serves a good purpose. Bash them all you want. Thank god for a free market. I give them lots of my money and can't wait for them to open a store closer to home.

I actually think it's kind of cool that they cheap out at the head office. I've been to the head offices of some oil companies. Didn't see any lawn furniture. Just lots of really expensive wood and leather.

I agree with PBinWA completely.:thumb:
Snapper wasn't really saying "No" to Wal Mart, they were saying "Yes" to their future.
If they thought Wal Mart was going to be good for them, I'm sure the storyline would have been different.