• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Smooth

How are you verifying your speeds?? LOL I groom between 6-8mph(GPS) for 10 hrs a day and will sometimes hit 10mph going downhill with a tail wind but I have never seen the trees fly by like that!:wow:

Cletis

Checking mph with a really good gps. I think the wide view lens of the gopro just makes it seem like your going really fast in videos. I could pull the drag much faster but not sure it would be contacting the snow!! I'd be throwing snow completely off the trail also. 6-7 mph cruises really nicely and seems to really process the snow well.

dave_dj1

That is pretty sweet cletis. Is that a diy drag or bought? I'm not sure sideboards are the answer, maybe some adjust ability so your not cutting in quite so much.
I know I've seen your machine before but remind me please. It looks awesome!

Cletis

Thank you Dave. I did build the drag. Had never groomed before and the drag seemed to process the snow really well. I was surprised at how well it worked. I actually put the drag down a good bit so as to really hog the snow as much as possible to video. Going a little slower and taking it up just a bit groomed the snow really flat and compacted. I went up to 12 mph once and not sure if the drag was even touching the snow. I'm sure I will make some snowmobilers happy in the mountain as that road had never been groomed before.