Smooth

How are you verifying your speeds?? LOL I groom between 6-8mph(GPS) for 10 hrs a day and will sometimes hit 10mph going downhill with a tail wind but I have never seen the trees fly by like that!:wow:

Cletis

Checking mph with a really good gps. I think the wide view lens of the gopro just makes it seem like your going really fast in videos. I could pull the drag much faster but not sure it would be contacting the snow!! I'd be throwing snow completely off the trail also. 6-7 mph cruises really nicely and seems to really process the snow well.

dave_dj1

That is pretty sweet cletis. Is that a diy drag or bought? I'm not sure sideboards are the answer, maybe some adjust ability so your not cutting in quite so much.
I know I've seen your machine before but remind me please. It looks awesome!

Cletis

Thank you Dave. I did build the drag. Had never groomed before and the drag seemed to process the snow really well. I was surprised at how well it worked. I actually put the drag down a good bit so as to really hog the snow as much as possible to video. Going a little slower and taking it up just a bit groomed the snow really flat and compacted. I went up to 12 mph once and not sure if the drag was even touching the snow. I'm sure I will make some snowmobilers happy in the mountain as that road had never been groomed before.