• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Small Cameras

PGBC

Looking for advice on a small camera that will fit in my pocket, yet offers a large zoom, and no shutter delay.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You may be asking for the impossible.

Shutter delay is often a byproduct of the auto-focus systems on cameras. Large zoom on a small camera pretty much limited you to digital zooms with a low power optical zoom. Optical zooms require a lens that expands, which is typically motorized, which requires space, so therefore not very compact.

PGBC

I often leave my phone home, and also want something to leave in the car, or motorcycle tank bag.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Personally I have an older Panasonic Lumix with image stabilization. It is waterproof to 10' so not an issue in the rain or even a swimming pool. I have 3 different Panasonic Lumix cameras, from the little waterproof one to an SLR to a seriously expensive mirrorless Micro-Four/Thirds rangefinder type with a Leica lens. Love all of them.