• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Singer/Actor MEAT LOAF dead at age 74

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sad news, I love his music.

Meat Loaf, ‘Bat Out of Hell’ Singer and Prolific Actor, Dies at 74​

Shirley HalperinJan 21, 2022 12:15am PT​
** ARCHIV ** Der Musiker Meat
AP​
The singer Meat Loaf, whose “Bat Out of Hell” album is among the best-selling and most enduring rock albums of the 1970s, died on January 20 at the age of 74. A consummate performer, he also appeared as an actor in the cult classic “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” as well as “Crazy Alabama,” “Fight Club” and “Wayne’s World,” among dozens more film and television credits.​
Meat Loaf, whose real name is Marvin Lee Aday, won a 1994 Grammy Award for best solo rock vocal performance for the song “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That).”​
A cause of death was not given.​
Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side. Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours.
His amazing career spanned 6 decades that saw him sell over 100 Million albums worldwide and star in over 65 movies, including “Fight Club,” “Focus,” “Rocky Horror Picture Show” and “Wayne’s World.” “Bat Out of Hell” remains one of the top 10 selling albums of all time.
We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man. We thank you for your understanding of our need for privacy at this time.
From his heart to your souls…don’t ever stop rocking!
Meat Loaf’s death comes less than a year after the passing of his longtime collaborator, Jim Steinman, who composed the 1977 album “Bat Out of Hell,” which was produced by Todd Rundgren. It has gone on to sell some 50 million copies globally and yielded the hit “Paradise by the Dashboard Light,” a multi-act mini rock opera that incorporates juke joint piano, a baseball play-by-play and revving engines into an explosive combination of hooks and melodies.​

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
RIP 'Meat'. Still love 'Paradise by the dashboard lights'. A classic in my book.