• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Should US/Cuba Relations be normalized?

Should US/Cuba relations be normalized?

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe.

• Where is Cuba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loboloco

Personally I think we should begin a normalization process that ties in human rights and economic rights into it. The old embargo has outlived its usefulness.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Personally I think we should begin a normalization process that ties in human rights and economic rights into it. The old embargo has outlived its usefulness.

I would suggest we just open the door. No strings attached.

The Cubans will recover enough capital to re start a free economy by selling cigars, rum and classic cars from the forties and fifites. Within a year their economy will be humming, ours will still be in irons, and the drug moguls in Miami will all move to Cuba.

Normal relations with a properous neighbor will benefit us all, no?

Mucho Gusto!

Kane

I want to buy cigars and waterfront property there.
I don't know about the cigars, but the waterfront property (in fact almost all property) was taken by the state. Just imagine the level of corruption if or when property is returned to the people. I doubt if you or I are on "the List".

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
When the Castro brothers croak the US will normalize relations with Cuba. We have dipshits in both countries (mostly in the US) that are more willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces over this travel destination. Truth be told, lots of Americans vacation in Cuba every year, and do so through short hops from many of the islands in the Caribbean and the Bahamas, as well as direct flights from Canadian cities. These travel providers make it easy for Americans to visit Cuba and enjoy the culture and beaches, and Cubam immigration knows to not stamp American passports...they're just happy you're spending your money with them. The US dollar is accepted all over Cuba, but unless you have a credit card or traveler's checks from a bank in places like Canada, these will not work. But as we all know, cash is king all over the world (especially the way our gubmit prints it). If you want to exchange dollars for Cuban pesos, there is a 10% surcharge. Not so for francs, Canadian dollars, etc.. Again, greedy, lawless dipshits making the rules. But there's no need if you're carrying USD.