• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shipping

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi, Looking to find a reasonable shipper or someone that might be traveling that can haul a tucker sno-cat kitten. Part way,All the way from Plains Mt. to Mass. Pm if you want. Thanks Ed

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I used u-ship to get my Thiokol moved from ca to the docks in seattle the price was reasonable and I found it to be the best place to find a back haul. the site is used by a lot of brokers and truckers looking to max out a load before taking off not just the hot shot guys you see on tv.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll try uship again. Last time I used them the shipper made Jarret on shipping wars look really really really good at doing his job. Thats why I was asking about any info or someone going that way that would do it for pay. Thanks Ed

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I haul mine in the back of a 3/4 ton pick up truck. Think about a rental one way and a plane ticket, may be cheaper than a hauler and you get to do it.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Never thought about a uhaul I was going to put in my truck but really don't feel like driving 5400 miles round trip especially if you can't get someone to ride shotgun with you.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Like Don I've used uShip.com with success. Plains, MT is reasonably close to I-90 which is a major thoroughfare across the northern part of the US. I would think there would be many drivers with a partial load who would like to pick up some extra money by hauling your Kitten.

In my experience it's best to be able to provide lots of details about the load such as dimensions, weight as well as loading and unloading facilities at the point of departure and destination. Being flexible on dates will also help.

I would recommend you consider carefully the bids as the lowest price is often not the best value. My last experience involved having a small boat shipped from Wisconsin to Utah. It was on a trailer and the accepted price was substantially less than I could have done it for. The driver was conscientious, and his communication was excellent.

Good Luck!

brianf

be aware there are some real shady people, better to call complanies that deal with trucker all the time usally good service less issues

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Becky with ICS transportation will get it done very reasonable. With good drivers. Full semi just cost me 1.82 mile

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Or if ya can get it to worland Wy buy sun 6am we can haul it east a long ways we are going to Tampa Florida with an empty trailer

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Mike Thanks for the offer. Don't think the seller would want to drive 9.5 to 10hrs one way. But again thank you for the offer. Much appreciated. Ed

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Beware of "U Ship" as there are good and bad. I had a bad one show up once at my shipper. Thankfully he refused to load the snow cat on the rickty old trailer that was not rated for the weight of the snow cat and in poor shape. We did have a pissing match with the "U Ship" guy but the pictures the shipper took were worth worth a thousand words to substantiate the lousy trailer. Private carriers who are dispatched by reputable brokers have always been great to work with and have the good equipment to get the job done. They may cost a little more but you get more for your money when dealing with transportation people who have insurance, experience and the proper equipment to do the job.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
The sno kitten made it here last week . Cleaned it, change oil and filter . Change alt. belt. Fixed loose connection on amp gauge to keep it running. Carb kit just showed up. Checked and top off transmission and rear differential. Wating on cap,rotor,wires. Body in real good shape. Need to pull pontoons to check them out. Probably pull body and fix spring supports and anything it needs. When I figure out how to upload pic's from iPad I'll post them. For 57 year old vehicle it's in great shaped and not all butchered up.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll have to come check that little rig out some time (if it's ok of course!).

GYPSY

I'd be interested in what you do to the springs. My Kitten was at one time fitted with a small front blade or plow and the springs were removed. I would be interested in some pictures as to how they are set up and what size they were. Tucker was no help.
Thanks in advance,
Gypsy

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
I can email or text you the pics. Of what is in there now. You can pm me your info or post it. I haven't figure out how to load my pics to the furum yet from my iPad.