• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

screw the Olympics

olivia24

I totally get the tanking. I've been involved with two nationally ranked swimmers, a scholarship level Division 1 BB player, and a college level cheerleader. At some point the pressure and work involved no longer becomes worth it. What I don't get is the excuses. Biles is not having mental health issuses. She's done with the 14 hour days and the constant pressure to perform above and beyond. I applaud her for that.
Makes sense. NBC probably made it worse. Every ad they had for the olympics had her as the main attraction. Hard to live up to all that.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont understand how they can allow biological men to compete in womens sports. We arent built the same as men. Its completely unfair.
Sorry but that is not politically correct. You may be 'cancelled' by the WOKE culture for having these old fashioned ideas.

olivia24

Sorry but that is not politically correct. You may be 'cancelled' by the WOKE culture for having these old fashioned ideas.
College was horrible but it was mainly very liberal female profs. Most of us girls like being feminine but the news people give all the time to just a few people

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
College was horrible but it was mainly very liberal female profs. Most of us girls like being feminine but the news people give all the time to just a few people
Our foreign exchange "daughter" is from Russia and by no means a conservative politically but she thinks the liberals on campus are crazy and out of touch with reality. She also said they carry a very loud voice and silence normal thought.

olivia24

Our foreign exchange "daughter" is from Russia and by no means a conservative politically but she thinks the liberals on campus are crazy and out of touch with reality. She also said they carry a very loud voice and silence normal thought.
Yea they do. By my senior year i was rather conservative but i learned to shut up in class, lol.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea they do. By my senior year i was rather conservative but i learned to shut up in class, lol.

My senior year was when I was WOKE and learned I couldn't teach what the Professors and schools wanted me to teach.
My major was World history, with emphasis on American History and political science.

Me, I wouldn't shut up in class. Between Christianity and Conservatism, I was a minority. Loud, yes but definitely a minority.

I was at odds with many of my professors. Fortunately, I was drafted, volunteered for the Marines, didn't pass the physical.
I never finished college.

And that was way back in 1967. It is so much worse in academia nowadays. Glad to hear you survived it.

Don't worry Olivia,, you won't be cancelled here. Such a breath of fresh air. I think you made a lot of friends.

Now back to the thread subject...;

I do hope the Olympics can someday return to what it used to be, fair competition in recreational pastimes we call "sports" in an agora/arena in which all peoples, of all nations, can enjoy WITHOUT POLITICS!

Last edited:

olivia24

My senior year was when I was WOKE and learned I couldn't teach what the Professors and schools wanted me to teach.
My major was World history, with emphasis on American History and political science.

Me, I wouldn't shut up in class. Between Christianity and Conservatism, I was a minority. Loud, yes but definitely a minority.

I was at odds with many of my professors. Fortunately, I was drafted, volunteered for the Marines, didn't pass the physical.
I never finished college.

And that was way back in 1967. It is so much worse in academia nowadays. Glad to hear you survived it.

Don't worry Olivia,, you won't be cancelled here. Such a breath of fresh air. I think you made a lot of friends.

Now back to the thread subject...;

I do hope the Olympics can someday return to what it used to be, fair competition in recreational pastimes we call "sports" in an agora/arena in which all peoples, of all nations, can enjoy WITHOUT POLITICS!
Yes, please dont cancel me, lol. I like it here. Yall are so nice to me and treat me so well. You have to forgive me for not knowing alot about cars and machines. I know about fashion and parties!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, please dont cancel me, lol. I like it here. Yall are so nice to me and treat me so well. You have to forgive me for not knowing alot about cars and machines. I know about fashion and parties!!
No worries. Besides, many of us don't know of what we are talking.
Cars and Machines??? I know as much about them as I do about women. Which is just enough to get myself in trouble.

I've spent most of my money on cars, machines and women, the rest I just wasted. Admittedly, I'm no expert on any.

olivia24

Spending money of
No worries. Besides, many of us don't know of what we are talking.
Cars and Machines??? I know as much about them as I do about women. Which is just enough to get myself in trouble.

I've spent most of my money on cars, machines and women, the rest I just wasted. Admittedly, I'm no expert on any.
Spending money on a woman is Never wasted, lol Im headed to bed. Fun day at work tomorrow and hopefully my sexy jeans were noticed by that guy in the other dept, lol. Yall all have an awesome day!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter