• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Saw a bobcat in the lane tonight

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looked out right after supper. Saw a large something in the lane about 100 yds. from the house. Gabbed the binocs. and sure enough it was a large bobcat. Handed the wife binocs to see it while I ran for the camera. 10 seconds later she hollered too late he is gone. I would place the weight at 40 lbs. It was the biggest one I have seen around my place. They are as hard to see as the bears are. IF you happen to be looking at just the right time you will see them. Sometimes it goes a long time in between.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Cool! I've heard from several people in town that we've now got wolves coming into town. I haven't seen any where I live yet but there have been a couple dogs and cats taken by a wolf in the past few weeks.

Lia

Banned
Looked out right after supper. Saw a large something in the lane about 100 yds. from the house. Gabbed the binocs. and sure enough it was a large bobcat. Handed the wife binocs to see it while I ran for the camera. 10 seconds later she hollered too late he is gone. I would place the weight at 40 lbs. It was the biggest one I have seen around my place. They are as hard to see as the bears are. IF you happen to be looking at just the right time you will see them. Sometimes it goes a long time in between.

Really cool! Don't it just pee you off tho when you see something that needs to be photographed but by the time you've gotten the demmed camera, whatever it was that you wanted to capture on film has disappeared?

Maybe next time... :smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They are elusive animals for sure. Last spring the Amish kid in the hollow behind us caught one in his trap line. The mother of the one in the trap was guarding it will the wardens came and released it. She could easily be the one I saw last night. Was seeing them all the time at our old place in Pa. They had a den right below my pasture and would cross right down through the yard and drive the dogs wild.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Really cool! Don't it just pee you off tho when you see something that needs to be photographed but by the time you've gotten the demmed camera, whatever it was that you wanted to capture on film has disappeared?

Maybe next time... :smile:
Thats more true then you can even imagine Lia. :whistling: :wink: