• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SAVE THE DATE: 2/1/2024 thru 2/4/2024 *Clowder in the Powder 24'*

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a simple heads up for planning purpose:

With winter refusing to die and excellent regional snow cat outings happening weekly, here is a planning message and open invite. The first weekend in February, Thursday through Sunday.

*Clowder in the powder, 2024*
Event is a centrally located snow cat outing or Get Together in Bessemer MI. This Region of the USA gets a significant amount of lake effect snow off of lake superior and has easy access from all directions and time zones.
4-5 hours north of Chicago.
4 hours north and just a little east of Minneapolis

Event Swag to include:

Event T shirt
Event Beverage ( both adult and children)
dash plaques
Daily Koozies, ( collect all four )
stickers and vinyl signage
Canvas prints

LOTS of lodging options to include Affordable Group rate on lodging at the Host hotel

No registration
No permits needed

The clowder in the powder is a people event supported with a large attendance of snow cats. ( arguably the largest in north America )

So the 2023 event had some unannounced pilot programs. They were a hit and the program has teams stepping up to expand their efforts.
What's new you ask. stay tuned here for quarterly updates and help create the fun.:

New: Special clowder winter camping access is a new program, decide if you prefer mild or wild terrain and the team will set you up
Opening day trail ride:.
Updated outing: on opening day (Thursday February 1st) coordinates are randomly selected and you are off on a very unique experience you can go solo or in a team if you prefer........... (details to come)
Updated outing:
The original Friday outing is not getting messed with it is too perfect in its design, it is however getting some new structure and logistics to better suit the large number of snow cats and the varying interests of participants ( again stay tuned )
Saturday, Clowder proper! the show and *not so* shine and rodeo, has a fresh approach as well as more options.2

As always towing at the event is a minimum smiles per mile are a maximum, Have a great summer and here is to a great maintenance season.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A low snow year from the past....

Attachments

• 56698.jpeg
    56698.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 86

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
they just released the date for the Arrowhead groomer show. If you are involved with the groomer show adjust your vacation time to the following of lagging week. the arrowhead groomer show is 2/7

#CatClowder24

Let's get this thing rollin' 🥳
I'm in contact with organizers 👍🏼
Booking info for Black River Lodge coming soon! 🙂
Start thinking about your dates. 📆

See you all very soon! ⛄
-Brittany | Black River Lodge 🏡

#BigPowderhorn #Vintage #SnowCatClowder #ClowderInThePowder

Attachments

• IMG_20230205_212226_676.jpg
    IMG_20230205_212226_676.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 39

YamaDooPolCat

SUPER Site Supporter
#CatClowder24

Let's get this thing rollin' 🥳
I'm in contact with organizers 👍🏼
Booking info for Black River Lodge coming soon! 🙂
Start thinking about your dates. 📆

See you all very soon! ⛄
-Brittany | Black River Lodge 🏡

#BigPowderhorn #Vintage #SnowCatClowder #ClowderInThePowder
Sorry, question, is this lodge in Michigan?

!!!! 2024 Cat Clower Accommodations Update !!!!

We love being your unofficial (or is it official?) basecamp and can't wait to catch up with you all during the 2024 Clowder in the Powder... did you hear the news?? We officially joined the club and got a cat of our own 😁😎🙌🏼

Booking info for our lodge below 👇🏼
...and see you all very soon!

Here's a exclusive group booking link for drivers to grab a room at the Lodge:

Book here: https://bit.ly/Clowder24
(Our direct website is www.blackriverlodge.net if you want to learn more about us before booking.)

**Instructions/More Info:

Just like last year, all rooms are set up with an initial 2 night block (friday & saturday night) as we estimate everyone will be here for at least those 2 nights and our system has limitations on how many nights can be booked within a private group............. Select the room you want, provide your details on our secure booking engine, and submit. Then simply text Brittany at 906-932-3857 to add extra nights (Please text for fastest response, email will be slower). It's an easy modification and this process worked well last year. All rooms are available as early as Monday 1/29/24.

Edit to add: all reservations will get a multi-night discount... 5% off 2 nights, 10% off 3 nights, 15% off 4+ nights. This will be automatically recalculated if you add nights so you get the correct discount 👍🏼

Options for overflow as we anticipate our lodge will fill up:
I've done a little research to try and help keep everyone close by.

#1. Nearby Private Rentals not owned by us, but available!

#2. Another Mom-n-Pop Lodge
I have also been in touch with the nearby PowderHound Lodge, located near the base of Powderhorn, about 2 miles south of us. They are a little smaller then us, but operate similar, and have 7-8 rooms available plus their one bedroom a-frame chalet next door them.
Call Anne at 906-285-9773 to reserve.
Website for info: http://www.powderhoundlodge.com/

As always, happy to help or answer questions if needed. Text is best at 906-932-3857.

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
About a month out!

We are full speed ahead, to help with swag ordering we have a simple sign up effort at www.midwestcatclowder.com

Ordering shirts is one of our highest responsibilities. To help reduce stress Please consider indicating your interest.
Photo of the snowcat shuttle. (My snowcat program has a *if it fits, it ships* prerequisite.)

Attachments

• 20240103_080408.jpg
    20240103_080408.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20231229_215831_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231229_215831_Instagram.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20231224_102622.jpg
    20231224_102622.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
  • 20231223_145031.jpg
    20231223_145031.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 20231223_102604.jpg
    20231223_102604.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 20231222_195430.jpg
    20231222_195430.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • received_630174039133434.mp4
    1.6 MB
  • Screenshot_20231213_183641_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_183641_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46

NDPilot

SUPER Site Supporter
Hope they are getting snow in the UP, we've got little to no snow in North Dakota.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it is thin. I took time to cruise up. it is thin. but no where as thin as all the dooms day facekook posts about how shitty it is. this photo is from 9 days ago, and i just bent the back door to the house trying to push it open. we got a good bunch of snow last night without power for 5-6 hours. It has been snowing daily, we are getting some cold weather next week so I am guessing it will stay.

NDPilot

SUPER Site Supporter
it is thin. I took time to cruise up. it is thin. but no where as thin as all the dooms day facekook posts about how shitty it is. this photo is from 9 days ago, and i just bent the back door to the house trying to push it open. we got a good bunch of snow last night without power for 5-6 hours. It has been snowing daily, we are getting some cold weather next week so I am guessing it will stay.
-60°F wind chill in Bismarck ND this morning.

gsmed

What do you think guys? Enough snow to venture back home and up to the up there this year?

View from sunny Cali this morning

Attachments

• IMG_6001.jpeg
    IMG_6001.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What do you think guys? Enough snow to venture back home and up to the up there this year?

View from sunny Cali this morning
Its a low snow year for sure, No where near our 100 in norms., however, lake effect was dumping on the YOOP today according to weatherby,
I am not concerned about snow. It is knee deep on the level with drifts hip and shoulder high at my house, Clowderville is 3 hours north and on the shores of lake superior. I went up two weeks ago and when social media was stating no snow and doom and gloom, I found snow everywhere and needed 4x4 everywhere I went.
I don't know what to tell folks but sunny California sounds nice. ( to visit ) The sign up sheet has 40 plus signed up, check your email you likely got the order form for swag emailed to you.

When talking snow cat people.... I tell people I would be happy in a grocery store parking lot bull shitting about life. I have never met a bad snow cat person.

We go where the snow is. In our ten official years, (12 total). the event has been in three different area codes. 7 different Zip codes. and two states. www.midwestcatclowder.com has lots of details hope to seen you soon;

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I ususally share the forum over on the facekook product, but here is an attempt to share the FB content backwards

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
remember, the snow cat forums is where all started and every event owes so much to the forums for their success, there is so much more knowledge and community on the forums than all other media combined.

should be on everyone snow cat bucket list to do at least once.

thank you for your continued effort with the clowder, well done to you and all involved.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Up next, is the grand daddy of snow cat gatherings, "Thee Clowder", thee greatest show on snow, a bucket list item if you own a snow cat. great folks, great cats, and once in a life time to run your cat along Lake Superior, amazing adventure, etc etc etc

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Count down in T - 7 days!

Attachments

• 80267.jpeg
    80267.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 15976.png
    15976.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240124_181816.jpg
    20240124_181816.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a heads up,

We indeed are warm about 60 degrees warmer than usual! day time highs about 33-35 20's at night, If you are full of doom and gloom feel free to embellish the data as needed and sensationalize as needed to feed your ego.
In hancock MI the 4 feet of snow to the north of clowder-ville is taking a pounding.
We are going up this weekend to scout out the best areas to go. friday and saturday will/should be good. thursday is going to need some help as that event in on the wrong side of the front that makes the lake effect work, ( its up wind ) so we are making the effort to find a solution. plenty of negativity on social media. ( if you live there, Stay there please) understand that I call actual people who go outside and give actual feed back. so stay tuned and I will update as I can.
We have a full village ( idiot reference in case you don't know or get me ) working on this event, we are all rowing in the same direction with oars on both sides of the boat. the upside of these road trips is we usually find snow cats sitting all lonely like!
Clowder-ites are sending positive thoughts and prayers for a safe conclusion to the West coast jamboree that is ON fire, as we speak, I hear the event is LIT this year. Pun intended, I consider Jesse a friend and he knows just how nutty I am in-person, so if you are offended stay that way.

"what ever you do, don't have any fun!"

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welp here we go. with AC systems charged up full of freon. Auxiliary cooling fans installed... the shenanigans has begun. The great international vintage snowcat clowder is waking up. Clowerdinians are arriving by *planes, trains, and airplanes* from points beyond! Even have snoopy on full rain dance!

Attachments

• 80798.jpeg
    80798.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 80802.jpeg
    80802.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 80806.jpeg
    80806.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 80830.jpeg
    80830.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 80771.jpeg
    80771.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 80781.gif
    80781.gif
    1 MB · Views: 26

NE-Iowa

(if you live there, Stay there please) OH SHITS FIRED! 🤣🤣🥰
NUff Said. Nothing like some 🐿 Wisdom to officially cut the ribbon on #MidwestCatClowder 2024 edition!
Can't wait to see y'all!
Safe travels
#GoodTimesWillBeHad