• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Russian Bounties- crickets

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
:boxing:
I’m not trying to get anyone riled up- I was just sharing a differing view. I didn’t mean any disrespect. I really understand the appeal of Trump, people love him. Nothing wrong with that at all. He’s not my style, too much drama. That’s all. I don’t protest or donate or send mailers or anything. I consume news and I vote. There are hundreds of millions of people in the US. We can’t all agree on everything but it’s not hard to find things we can agree on. I knew I was going to get called the L word and Marty hinted at the D word. :hammer: Just a pretty middle of the road guy all my life, just how I am I guess. It’s not a debate forum without a little debate

:bolt:

I agree, no problems here. Just call them as I see them and everyone should do the same.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I would like to share some history here...
The confederate statues are there for a reason, everyone seems to miss. Maybe they were not paying attention in history class?
At the end of the civil war some thing indeed strange happened. There were NO prisoners of war, not a single one. Not one confederate soldier was ever tried for war crimes, not one. At the end of the civil war Lincoln was tasked with bringing a divided nation back into and undivided one. What he did was and still is to this day, unmatched by any other war. He simply told the confederate soldiers to "go home" and pick up their lives as Americans, as we all are. The confederate statues were created to show respect for their efforts, to acknowledge the fact that this war cost many life's on both sides. It was an attempt at recognize the Confederacy and it's soldiers as not evil or villainous, but Americans who fought for and lost.. but in the end were still a part of this nation. This is the reason we have statues of important members of the Confederacy. Strangely in all the bickering, I have heard no one mention these facts.

Regards, Kirk

Excellent post!

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I agree, great post Kirk. That makes a lot of sense.

Would the decision to remove a statue on state land be a national issue? That wasn’t the case with changing Mississippi’s flag, that passed their house and senate easily. Seems to me it would come down to the locals. I’m a Yankee without any say and don’t have strong feelings about it either way. I will say again I disagree with the destruction of statues, they should be properly removed and put in a civil war museum if that is what the people decide. Maybe flags and statues should be looked at as separate issues as they aren’t the same form of symbol.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I agree, great post Kirk. That makes a lot of sense.

Would the decision to remove a statue on state land be a national issue? That wasn’t the case with changing Mississippi’s flag, that passed their house and senate easily. Seems to me it would come down to the locals. I’m a Yankee without any say and don’t have strong feelings about it either way. I will say again I disagree with the destruction of statues, they should be properly removed and put in a civil war museum if that is what the people decide. Maybe flags and statues should be looked at as separate issues as they aren’t the same form of symbol.

You have a valid point in your earlier post on NAZI statues In Germany, This is apples and oranges. There are not any NAZI statues to take down, that was done at the close of WW2. The confederate statues as explained by Kirk were erected to help heal the country after the civil war. And to your point that it should be decided by the locals, I agree. What I see happening is that if the locals wanted them gone they would have already been gone, the decisions and actions are coming from outsiders with an agenda.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I view the statue debate differently after the history lesson. I also said they weren’t an equivalent comparison to the Nazi statues.

The flag on the other hand has grown to be a symbol that intimidates due to its use in hateful acts by wankers like Dylan Roof. Unlike statues it can be as easily deployed as an ss flag.
NASCAR said no, that’s a corporate decision. Mississippi said no, that’s legislative
I think it’s a shame it was hijacked, the General Lee just isn’t the General Lee without a confederate flag on the roof and there wasn’t any hate there.
Also, I don’t have a beef with anyone flying it- to each their own-but some people do.

Rainbows also got hijacked, I guess that it’s not unheard of.

I think it’s funny I put crickets in the title, it been anything but

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I view the statue debate differently after the history lesson. I also said they weren’t an equivalent comparison to the Nazi statues.

The flag on the other hand has grown to be a symbol that intimidates due to its use in hateful acts by wankers like Dylan Roof. Unlike statues it can be as easily deployed as an ss flag.
NASCAR said no, that’s a corporate decision. Mississippi said no, that’s legislative
I think it’s a shame it was hijacked, the General Lee just isn’t the General Lee without a confederate flag on the roof and there wasn’t any hate there.
Also, I don’t have a beef with anyone flying it- to each their own-but some people do.

Rainbows also got hijacked, I guess that it’s not unheard of.

I think it’s funny I put crickets in the title, it been anything but

Bottom line I think the recent violence, hate and division are being sewn from a small radical group with deep pocket funding ( George Soros, other globalists possibly China and ANTIFA with A hijacked BLM tagging along ) they descend on communities and incite the riot to follow. By the 90's racism was history not a current event from where I sit. In my opinion B.O. had and has a lot to do with what we are experiencing today.