Round Door Kitten Restoration

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
What year is your kitten?

do you have a water pump?

do you have the number off the block?
I’ve been told it’s a 54 - I’m still chasing the original dash tag out of it
It doesn’t have the original motor - but it might have a replacement motor that was installed at Tucker before it was resold
Does have a water pump - it’s a later motor

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
1619549274406.jpeg

I just found all of these in the debris inside my pontoons. Obviously I recognize the house door latch - but does anyone recognize the other pieces?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seatbelt ends and hood latch catches? The narrow pontoons were tippy so keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
just about every thing that was 6 volt would be changed over to 12 volt and that would include tucker kittens that were built in '54 that had a newer engine put in... no surprises

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Those pistons are bigger than I imagined for a 10 HP engine.
the story I got was the 8-10hp motors were scaled down model A motors. Europe had a vehicle registration prices set against the engine size. When ford and thames came together these engines came about. 10 tractor hp surprises a lot of people that don't know the difference between torque and horsepower.

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
Baby Steps - had to weld up a couple cancer holes in the battery bracket - but a couple more pieces of the puzzle ready to go.
1631141366608.jpeg

Reactions: PJL

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
Looking good! Did you have to do any machine work to the head?
I haven’t figured that out yet - it will probably need to be decked. I need to get the motor over to the machine shop, but it’s a pricey endeavor.