• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Republicans fuel the uptick in unruly airline passengers

CrakHoBarbie

And still you provide no evidence to refute science that disproves your statements in your original post.
Did you want to point out where I denied science.... My contention was and still is that we should error on the side of safety..... After all we don't know how many microns of covid it takes to infect a human.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you want to point out where I denied science....
You did it in post 1 when you said the Republicans were anti-science despite the fact that I loved they are actually the part of science. You never bothered to reply to the science in post 2.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Did you want to point out where I denied science.... My contention was and still is that we should error on the side of safety..... After all we don't know how many microns of covid it takes to infect a human.
When are you going to cut your sack to prevent rape?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
To error on the side of caution beyond common sense is foolish. Knowing the masks are useless yet insisting they be worn is beyond moronic.
BTW,,,;
There is no such thing a s a "micron "of COVID.

That said,
As far as we know, it only takes one COVID 19 spore to infect a person. The question should be how many does it take to over whelm a human's natural defense system.

Please stop talking about the need for science when you make such statements.

CrakHoBarbie

You did it in post 1 when you said the Republicans were anti-science despite the fact that I loved they are actually the part of science. You never bothered to reply to the science in post 2.
How many microns of covid does it take to infect a human? If you can't answer that, then we really don't know the "science" do we.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
As soon as you start wearing a colostomy bag to save water.
Im not interested in saving water, if Newsom didn't flush half of it out to the ocean for a fish that is not indigenous to Ca. and is now declared extinct there would be plenty of water for everyone.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I avoid flying any chance I get. Back in the late 70's and 80's flying was a good experience where they made you feel welcome and wanted you to enjoy you're experience.
Now days its a horrible experience with horrible people that wish you were not there. And we are in agreement because I wish I was not there also.
Its over priced and inconvenience on steroids.
I hope every one of them go broke and someone opens an airline with class like it used to be.
Until then I don't mind driving and stopping whenever I feel like it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So to summarize this thread we have the OP who posted some anti-MAGA stuff, then refused to believe science, refused to answer replies to issues the OP initiated and now wants everyone to poop in a bag because that is logical?

I sense the OP can't critically think, is backed into a corner, and just wants to argue. Perhaps try getting a spouse?

More science. Science is hard. But traditional masks don't stop covid. Neither do plexiglas shields. Apparently the MAGA people are correct; at least according to science! Links included in the text:

Masks

Face coverings limit the emission of droplets and may lower the chance of inhaling large droplets, but they have limited efficacy with respect to the high concentrations of small particles generated during breathing and talking. The longer that even a masked person spends in a space, the greater the chance of inhaling an infectious dose. Anyone with close contact with many people — for example transportation, restaurant or similar workers — should be wearing a high-quality, individually fit respirator, such as an N95 filtering facepiece respirator.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It seems like an odd way to demand honesty by boarding a jet knowing you will be required to wear a mask, and then refusing to wear a mask. Did 2,200 people since January of this year board jets just to "demand honesty"? We're they all making political statements? It doesn't make sense.
I think many if us could agree with your logic to a point. What we want to know is how YOU know they were all 2,200 of them were Republicans?

You do understand that is the same scientific/statisitcal logic as the claim "all white people are born racists."

CrakHoBarbie

So to summarize this thread we have the OP who posted some anti-MAGA stuff, then refused to believe science, refused to answer replies to issues the OP initiated and now wants everyone to poop in a bag because that is logical?

I sense the OP can't critically think, is backed into a corner, and just wants to argue. Perhaps try getting a spouse?

More science. Science is hard. But traditional masks don't stop covid. Neither do plexiglas shields. Apparently the MAGA people are correct; at least according to science! Links included in the text:

Masks

Face coverings limit the emission of droplets and may lower the chance of inhaling large droplets, but they have limited efficacy with respect to the high concentrations of small particles generated during breathing and talking. The longer that even a masked person spends in a space, the greater the chance of inhaling an infectious dose. Anyone with close contact with many people — for example transportation, restaurant or similar workers — should be wearing a high-quality, individually fit respirator, such as an N95 filtering facepiece respirator.
?

CrakHoBarbie

I think many if us could agree with your logic to a point. What we want to know is how YOU know they were all 2,200 of them were Republicans?

You do understand that is the same scientific/statisitcal logic as the claim "all white people are born racists."
Your right. I don't "know". I have been conditioned to equate anti-maskers with Trumpees. And, as a broad generalization, I still see that as accurate. Also, I do not believe anyone is "born" a racist. I believe racism is taught.

CrakHoBarbie

Masks

Insults. Derogatory comments. Oversimplified generalizations past off as " proof" and absurd "gotcha" moments. These are the cornerstones of every MAGA propaganda pusher. Now they're insisting the "science" behind masks has "finally" exonerated them. But not so fast.
According to Linsey Marr, a professor of civil and environmental engineering at Virginia Tech who specializes in airborne transmission of viruses, the COVID-19 particle is indeed around 0.1 microns in size, but it is always bonded to something larger.
“There is never a naked virus floating in the air or released by people,” stated Professor Marr.
The virus attaches to water droplets or aerosols (i.e. really small droplets) that are generated by breathing, talking, coughing, etc. These consist of water, mucus protein and other biological material and are all larger than 1 micron,
which will be collected by N95 respirator filters with very high efficiency,” ..... Also we don't know how many microns of covid it takes to infect someone, so the "science" is still inconclusive because of the variables that we still don't know. .....

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Boston, MA is a bastion of Democratic liberalism, these kids were from Boston. If CrackHo was still around I'm sure these kids would all be traced back to the only families in the state of Mass that are card carrying members of the GOP :whistling:

Full story at the link about but here are some highlights.

American Airlines cancels Bahamas flight after teens refuse to wear masks

American Airlines was forced to cancel a flight from North Carolina to the Bahamas after a group of 30 teenagers refused to wear face masks - and they were then forced to sleep in the airport overnight because they were too young to check into a hotel.
Flight 893 was scheduled to depart from Charlotte Douglas International Airport enroute to Nassau on Monday when passengers say the group of teens from Boston started being 'very obnoxious'.
Fellow passengers say the group, aged 17 and 18, refused to wear their masks as required.
The group were believed to be on their way to the Bahamas for a graduation trip...
'It was bad. Firstly they were yelling, they were cussing. They were being very obnoxious,' Malik Banks, who was sitting next to the group, told WSOC-TV.
Fellow passengers... say the group, aged 17 and 18, refused to wear their masks as required. The group were believed to be on their way to the Bahamas for a graduation trip
'It wasn't all of them... I'd say 75 to 80 percent of them were being terrible kids.'

Reactions: Doc