• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Remember Iron Butterfly?

Wee Willy

In A Gadda Da Vida, what a song, one of the best ever. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4"]IRON BUTTERFLY - IN A GADDA DA VIDA - 1968 (ORIGINAL FULL VERSION) CD SOUND & 3D VIDEO - YouTube[/ame]

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I know the studio musician that put down the organ track on the album version - it was not an Iron Butterfly organist.

loboloco

We used to play a version of this when we were lighting stuff up with our Ma Deuces and our 20 mikemikes. Just instrumental though.

Wee Willy

I had a lot of albums of the 60s and the 70s but lost them to a fire at my friend's trailer. What I have left here are those I refused to take out of my house. Not very many but my absolute favs like:

Best of BTO (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
Planet P (First album)
Black Sabbath greatest hits (1977)
Blue Oyster Cult-Agent of Fortune (fav band)
Emerson Lake& Palmer- Trilogy
Iron Butterfly- In A Gadda Da Vida
Mark Don & Mel 1969-71 (Grand Funk Railroad- another fav band)
Grand Funk- Red Album
Deep Purple- When We Rock We Rock and When We Roll We Roll
Deep Purple- Machine head

and some more albums. :)

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a lot of albums of the 60s and the 70s but lost them to a fire at my friend's trailer. What I have left here are those I refused to take out of my house. Not very many but my absolute favs like:

Best of BTO (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
Planet P (First album)
Black Sabbath greatest hits (1977)
Blue Oyster Cult-Agent of Fortune (fav band)
Emerson Lake& Palmer- Trilogy
Iron Butterfly- In A Gadda Da Vida
Mark Don & Mel 1969-71 (Grand Funk Railroad- another fav band)
Grand Funk- Red Album
Deep Purple- When We Rock We Rock and When We Roll We Roll
Deep Purple- Machine head

and some more albums. :)

Ah, but did you spend your hard earned (paper route, in my case) money for the 'half speed mastered on virgin vinyl' albums?? Oh yeah baby. Dat's what I bought if I really liked it! I had to throw in 'baby' after "oh yeah" because I can't say "In A Godda Da Vida" without following it up with "baby". :biggrin: :rock:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Now that's interesting. What's the story?

Very many of the songs recorded on vinyl were sung by the band's vocalists, but the music was often laid down by studio musicians.

My buddy was in the group "Growing Concern" and had an album. They recorded two, but the second was lost forever. It was aledgedly much better than the first. He was their keyboard guy. When not touring and making money for their promoter (the band got screwed), he made his own money in the studio recording lotsa songs for a lot of groups.

Wee Willy

Ah, but did you spend your hard earned (paper route, in my case) money for the 'half speed mastered on virgin vinyl' albums?? Oh yeah baby. Dat's what I bought if I really liked it! I had to throw in 'baby' after "oh yeah" because I can't say "In A Godda Da Vida" without following it up with "baby". :biggrin: :rock:

In my case it was pulling/putting transmissions on a driveway. Guy who lives there was a builder. I made $10 per car.

In A Gadda Da Vida baby - Wayne Newton in Adventure of Ford Fairlane. :biggrin:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
That's one of the groups I can't listen to. Every time I hear their stuff I smell sewage, napalm, and get headaches. Sounds and smells are terrific memory triggers, and not always good ones.