Relationship Study --> Men want hotties, Women want Charm + $$$

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems obvious. Men want a cutie on their arm.

Women are turned on by charm & cash while men go on looks, scientists confirm in discovery which surprises no one

Chris PollardMay 19 2021,
SCIENCE confirms what we all knew — women are turned on by charm and cash while men go on looks.

In a discovery which surprises no one, a study found fellas value sexy bodies and attractive faces much more than women do.

And it is great news for Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates, 65 — who recently split with his wife — as women like high income, intelligence and emotional connection.

Experts are now set to establish whether the Pope is really Catholic — and what bears do in the woods, The Sun understands.

Dr Stephen Whyte, a behavioural scientist at Queensland University in Australia, said: “Males and females can differ quite significantly in the importance they place on characteristics.

“Both sexes tend to find the same things sexy in a potential mate, but it changes at different life stages.”

The study, published in the journal Plos One, surveyed 7,325 dating site users aged 18 to 65. It found blokes in their 20s value looks, age and physical build four times more than young women do. Even in their 60s, looks continue to matter more than twice as much to men.

For young ladies, personality is three times more important than it is to men.

Participants were asked to rate the importance of nine traits of mates including age, attractiveness, physical build, intelligence, income, education, trust, openness and emotional connection.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Who knew???????
I'm 74 and married 53 years.
Sadly, this breakthrough information is of no use to me.

But MD, thanks anyway

BTW;
When I was young and dating, I was charming. I had lots of girlfriends. But every one of them got bored with charming a left me for an @sshole who broke their hearts.

Except the last one.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

Infirmière Essentielle
GOLD Site Supporter
I like charming.
Cash doesn't attract me.
Come to think of it, looks don't matter a whole lot either.
In light of recent events, I'd probably better not say much else lol

daryan12s

BTW;
When I was young and dating, I was charming. I had lots of girlfriends. But every one of them got bored with charming a left me for an @sshole who broke their hearts.
This situation happens quite often. A friend of mine was dating a guy who was very nice and kind. As a result, she dumped him for another guy who was a real @sshole.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This situation happens quite often. A friend of mine was dating a guy who was very nice and kind. As a result, she dumped him for another guy who was a real @sshole.
I was told "nice guys finish last" Lucky for me, my last effort was with THE ONE. We are still together and somehow still "in love" after 54 years.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
People may advise you to wait for the right guy. True advice. but an un watered rose soon fades, so stay in the game. Just don't be in a rush for the ONE. Dangerous and frankly reeks of desperation.
A lot of guys look for bad girls and a lot of girls look for bad guys. Both often end up unhappy.

Look for nice guys??? Boring! Enjoy what is out there but with some cautions. I suggest looking for one with standards and respect for boundaries. Yours and his. Is he looking out for your best interests or his. That makes for a more sensitive mate. It worked for me and my wife. 55 years.

And no, it wasn't luck.

My advice is free yes. But trust me, it's worth every penny.

daxers

Really, looking interesting. Women want to meet with supermen. I guess nowadays its impossible. I decided to use free adult video chat for searchig some simple girls for friendship at first. I do not belive in virtual love.