• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Really Cool or Really Frightening?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Robotic technology is sure advancing rapidly. How many more years before robots such as this start assuming all menial tasks and start replacing humans in these jobs. It has already started, actually.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think robots like this are great. They could go into burning buildings and get people; enter hostile sites to keep people out of danger; replace $15/hour McDonald's workers...

I think I recently heard Amazon uses 40,000 robots to take care of pulling items for orders.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Scary? YES. I noted that after he was "assaulted" from the rear (totally unfair and un-cool) he took a moment to regain and assess after which he slowly and deliberately got planted. Then the robot quickly leaped to his feet. Much like an Arnold Swarzenager or Chuck Norris character.

Apparently the engineers blocked an anger program because instead of a lethal judo kick to the protagonist, the obviously p!ssed off robot simply left the scene.

KEWEL!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
It wasn't too long ago when BD had their bots tethered to controls.
They have come a long way in a very short time span.
I believe they are DARPA funded.