• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Razor Blade Slot

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You learn something new every day!
Apparently homes built between the 1920s and 70s often had these in medicine cabinets.
FB_IMG_1625166570952.jpg
FB_IMG_1625166578909.jpg
FB_IMG_1625166584133.jpg

MNwr786

I just recently found this type of razor in town and bought it. So far, it is the best razor I've ever used. It is 100% stainless steel with a nice polished finish. These will be catching on again I can almost guarantee because the cost of replacement blades (without the added plastic) is much cheaper and the shave is way better. I'm never going back to a plastic handled razor, they can stay behind the bulletproof case at the store.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
They used to have a metal device that you put the razor blade into, and when you moved the top back and forth, it would sharpen the razor blade. I used to have one, but I haven't shaved in 50 years, so it was disposed of at some time in the past. I have no recollection of when I last saw it. In fact, I can't remember much of anything anymore. Image was stolen from eBay.
s-l1600.jpg
... What were we discussing???

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Junk! Good to see you back for a visit.

'Way back in my dim and distant past I used a two-sided razor but I've never seen a razor blade stropping machine, even in the old days. For the last 40 years I've had a beard so a razor is only used for trimming and a blade lasts for months. Gillette doesn't make much money off me. I do remember containers of blades where a fresh, paper wrapped blade slide off one side and the used blade was slid back into the other side. I still have a couple of those out in the shop.