• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rare SW48 Hydo static ?

Mt406

I picked it up this summer. The bad part it was used as a submarine, went though the ice pulling a ice house.
The guy I got it from put a long block from Rock auto in it and lost interest. This is were I come in I was told the oils were good no water.
I have drained everything and found water. I talked to Minnesota outdoor they said flush and keep track.

I have cleaned out the Hyd tank Not to much water there.
My Question for you guys. There is a suction filter on the intake side of of the hyd static drive its a Wix 51758 witch is a hyd filter I have never seen it used on suction.
Its a 25 micron spin on. Will this work ?
It must have that's the way it was plumbed.
Looking for any info or ideas.

Scott
48.jpg

battdad

scott,
if you have access to a service manual for your specific hydro system it should have a plumbing diagram that will tell how it is supposed to be plumbed. I found my manual on ebay.
If you are wondering about the black filter in your photo, being mounted towards the top of the tank suggests it is in a return line instead of a suction line as the pumps usually draw oil from the bottom of the tank and return to the top, USUALLY. Another place to look for help would be a shop that specializes in hydraulics, they usually can point you in the right direction as far as whats acceptable for your specific system.
What part of montana are you in? I can point you towards a shop in missoula if you are anywhere close.
good luck!
My hydro system has filters between the tank and pumps, one for each pump so the oil that feeds the pumps is clean.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
intake filters common. Is the port connected to a dip tube to the bottom? sometimes the positioning made them put ports on the top, so it has a dip tube to the bottom. If it has one, check it for crap built up around the end.

Mt406

scott,
if you have access to a service manual for your specific hydro system it should have a plumbing diagram that will tell how it is supposed to be plumbed. I found my manual on ebay.
If you are wondering about the black filter in your photo, being mounted towards the top of the tank suggests it is in a return line instead of a suction line as the pumps usually draw oil from the bottom of the tank and return to the top, USUALLY. Another place to look for help would be a shop that specializes in hydraulics, they usually can point you in the right direction as far as whats acceptable for your specific system.
What part of montana are you in? I can point you towards a shop in missoula if you are anywhere close.
good luck!
My hydro system has filters between the tank and pumps, one for each pump so the oil that feeds the pumps is clean.
Good evening
I grew up about 50 mile south of Missoula, and was a mechanic at Washington Corp. in Missoula for serval years.
I now live in Dillon about 175 miles south.
It has a dip Tube I think they went that way so there was room to mount the filter . I was used to seeing a screen in tank for pre pump protection.
Its the first time i have seen a spin on paper filter being used that way. Or its the first time i realized how they were doing it.
Cidertom I have cleaned the tank I think there were some sea monsters in there.;)

When I said rare Brad told me that there were less then 15 built with the Hydro static, there not as fast as the other units. they were built for a snow blower, it has quite a speed range, top speed maybe 15 mph.

Not sure what i am going to use it for right now I dont have the plow or snow blower for it.

Thanks for the in put.
Scott

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
funny there was only 15 built when i worked for teh city of anchorage we had 5 of the fifteen

Mt406

funny there was only 15 built when i worked for teh city of anchorage we had 5 of the fifteen
Snowtrac
That's what Minnesota outdoors told me.
Its the only Hydro that i have see not that i seen a lot.
Were they using snow blowers on them and did the snow blower have its own motor.
Scott

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowtrac
That's what Minnesota outdoors told me.
Its the only Hydro that i have see not that i seen a lot.
Were they using snow blowers on them and did the snow blower have its own motor.
Scott
the snow blowers we had were 2 stage twin screw blower heads like you would see on a holder or trackless mt we also had plows for them the city used them to clear snow from bike trails and sidewalks. i remember how cool i thought they were with a steering differential but a variable speed hydro-static transmission. the blower was powered off a pto shaft that came off the front i never had any dealings with the drive system i was just replacing the cutting edges on the blower head i assumed it was powered directly off the back of the carrier engine