• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Random thoughts

J.J. McDaniels

Still debating on whether or not I'll work tomorrow. Getting vacation time is difficult and the most time I can get off on any weekend is only three days. I haven't had any more time than that in over a year.

PGBC

Why the provincial government pushed out so many Doctors and Nurses, for not getting the stabby jabby.
To soon after beg them to work as contractors, at 3 times what they were making before. As a contractor they get to pick when, where, and how they work as well. I'm not complaining, it is wonderful. Just doesn't make any damn sense is all.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Makes sense. I was wondering something similar. All those doctors and nurses fired for not getting the vax. Now, at our regional hospital that services a population base of close to 200000, we had 24 vaccinated nurses home sick with covid last week. And it doesn't matter if you're vaxed or not, everyone is treated the same.

PGBC

I was axed from the government system for making a personal decision to not get jabbed.
Not only am I now on contract, so are many others in the medical system. I've chosen to take a few contracts, of the many offered to me.
They pay me approximately 315% of what I used to make. It just doesn't make any sense.
An RN who is a good friend of mine, she was paid $46.85/hour, is now paid $158.20/hour as a private contractor. She can pick and choose when she is willing to work, where she works, and what duties she will, or will not perform. As a contractor she has gained tax write offs, and isn't paying union dues.

It would be nice to have a spokes person from the government explain why they did this.

J.J. McDaniels

I’ve had my two jabs, and that’s all I’m going to take. But I sure as hell don’t feel it’s right for them to force anyone to do something they don’t want to do. Personally, I’ll do my own thinking. Uncle Sam can shove it.

chowderman

It would be nice to have a spokes person from the government explain why they did this.

it's not limited to government - altho government is likely most famous for it....

worked for a (large + multi-national) private company - about every 2-3 years an 'efficiency expert' would be hired, followed by layoffs / reorganizations/etc. I saved the announcements - because, in the end, the efficiency experts predicted savings totaled 275% of the then reduced payroll.

the end for me came when the entire department was axed. over the next few years that company hired me for multiple consulting gigs - and my consulting fees totaled roughly 10 years of my last salary.

one would think they would learn, but every year a fresh crop of MBA's reinvent the best way to do it wrong.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
it's not limited to government - altho government is likely most famous for it....

worked for a (large + multi-national) private company - about every 2-3 years an 'efficiency expert' would be hired, followed by layoffs / reorganizations/etc. I saved the announcements - because, in the end, the efficiency experts predicted savings totaled 275% of the then reduced payroll.

the end for me came when the entire department was axed. over the next few years that company hired me for multiple consulting gigs - and my consulting fees totaled roughly 10 years of my last salary.

one would think they would learn, but every year a fresh crop of MBA's reinvent the best way to do it wrong.

I worked for a large, multi-national oil company. Every 4-years on average we went through a re-organization where 20% to 30% of the employees were fired. Many of them were rehired as consultants within weeks. After the first re-organization I figured out what the game plan was. Those re-organizations had absolutely nothing to do with increasing efficiency although they did impress Wall Street and The Stock Market and that's what they were designed to do. The whole thing was an exercise to drive up the stock price as Wall Street looked at it as a means to increase profits brought on by greater efficiency,,, WRONG. When your Board, Directors and top management hold huge blocks of preferred stock, driving up the stock price and then dumping them at a huge profit isn't a bad plan although it means sacrificing the company and it's employees. GREED IS GOOD.

Ironman

79D46271-0A85-42F4-947D-4F1BAA25FAB6.jpeg

dillydang

Signs for the times:
Antelope Freeway 1/4th mile
Antelope Freeway 1/8th mile
Antelope Freeway 1/16th mile
Antelope Freeway 1/32nd mile
Antelope Freeway 1/64th mile

PGBC

More of a question that a thought - why is it so easier to forgive others and sometimes almost impossible to forget what they've done?

I've forgiven many, but unless I get dementia or alzheimers, cannot forget what they did to me.
One we can choose, as in to forgive someone.
Unless you have a medical problem, you will remember it all though.

PGBC

Greta needs to come here, live in a tent in my backyard for a month, with no heat source.
Then explain her global warming theory to me.

Crumpy

GOLD Site Supporter