• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

R.I.P. Easy Street

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I acme home from work tonight, and the shoer was in the barn taking care of the horses. I went inside to sit down with a cup of coffee, and a bit later, Corey (the shoer) comes to the porch and tells me he thinks one of the horses has a broken leg. Head out to the barn to take a look, and I'm no vet, but both his right rear and right front legs are certainly not right. Walk him around a little, and the right rear is not at all correct, and he has a severe limp. We call the vet, and she comes out to confirm our opinion. The choice is made, and 10 minutes later E-Z is laying in the grass.

E-Z was a 20 year old retired thoroughbred who was given to us as a geriatric care horse. He has never been 100%, with fluctuating weight (from underweight to very underweight) and for a variety of therapudic reasons, he was unridable. Basically, he just existed out in the paddock.

In all honesty, we aren't really upset, but it was certainly emotional during the process.

daedong

Dave, when I trained horses for a living I saw may injuries, some small some big. Broken bones were the worst of all the injuries. The only method for treatment is pretty much solitary confinement. Locked up in the stall for months, this almost destroys the poor horse anyway.
[FONT=&quot]You done the right thing.[/FONT]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry for your loss Dave. It's never easy.
That would be such a shock. I feel for ya bud.
Roam on the wild prairie East Street. :thumb: