• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

QUEER YOUR CLASSROOM - National Science Teaching Asso., suitable for K-12 grades

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a coach, I work with kids aged 10+. Most of the kids I work with are aged 14+. I work (volunteer) in a high school. So I see and hear about some of this stuff regularly. I have to admit I am upset about the blatant pushing of the "queer" agenda on kids. It is one thing to support a child, it is very different to push an agenda.

This presentation specifically instructs teachers to HIDE information about a child FROM HIS/HER PARENTS. It is even in one of the projection slides informing teachers that they should not tell a parent about a child without the child's specific permission.

We also know that there has been a big growth in people who "identify" as things and it affects younger people at far higher rates than older people. Among the elderly (80+) people who identify as LGBTQ are less than 1% of the population. At age 65+ it rises to 3 to 7%, depending upon the study. Among the 35-45 year old category it rises to 20%, and goes up to 25% for 25 to 35 year olds. It approaches 1/3rd of the entire 18-24 year old age bracket.

There is ZERO evidence in evolution to support any biological reason for this growth in the LGBTQ+ population, clearly it is a social construct. And many of the people are simply confused. SOME of the schools seem to have become a breeding ground for the gender confused. Again, there are legitimately people who need support, but it is one thing to "support" and another thing to confuse children and yet a worse thing to encourage confusion among children. I believe we are seeing intentional confusion of children by some teachers in some classrooms in some schools. And I believe this is intentionally being hidden from parents (see below) and I believe that even if some teachers or administrators want to speak out, or simply feel it it is wrong, they are afraid to say so.

LINK TO COMPLETE SLIDESHOW --> https://docs.google.com/presentatio...A7suJKTHB16_Q/edit#slide=id.gd84348010b_0_583

This is just one slide, it is deemed suitable for grades Kindergarten to 12th Grade. Look at POINT 4 of things you should not be doing

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 12.10.02 PM.png

Link to the 2022 National Science Teaching Association website, summary page for the "Queer Your Classroom: Supporting LGBTQIA+ Students" presentation.

Here is the summary of the presentation:

Queer Your Classroom: Supporting LGBTQIA+ Students

George R. Brown Convention Center - 322B
Queer people have been and are still marginalized in science. Come learn simple tricks and strategies to affirm and represent queer students in your classes.​
Takeaways: Attendees will learn: 1. how to affirm and represent queer identities so students feel safe, supported, and inspired to engage in science concepts like their non-LGBTQIA+ peers; 2. methods to create classrooms that not only acknowledge but also celebrate the diversity of our students to make the classroom safe for all; and 3. how to make simple yet impactful changes to their current curriculum (with access to a shared Google Drive of curated resources) and interactions with all students, queer and not.​

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FWIW, I totally support kids who believe they are whatever they choose to be. I've got a couple transgender (former) students, heterosexual, bi-sexual, gay, etc. I will coach any and all of them. But supporting a child is very different than indoctrinating a child to question who they are.

We are literally playing with kids lives when we indoctrinate them. When we are confusing them. You can see from the data of the growth of the rate of people who identify as LGBTQ+, by age data that I provided in my first post that we have more young people who are identifying than older people. And the growth is almost explosive. Which literally means it is peer pressure and society pressure that is getting these kids to question themselves. I'm clearly not saying that there is not a small % of people who are, in fact, queer. I'm saying that society is confusing kids and pushing more to questionable choices. Looking at the data below is enough to convince you that we should not be pushing kids to question themselves.

• Suicide is the second leading cause of death among young people aged 10 to 24 (Hedegaard, Curtin, & Warner, 2018) — and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth are at significantly increased risk.
  • LGBTQ youth are more than four times as likely to attempt suicide than their peers (Johns et al., 2019; Johns et al., 2020).
  • The Trevor Project estimates that more than 1.8 million LGBTQ youth (13-24) seriously consider suicide each year in the U.S. — and at least one attempts suicide every 45 seconds.
  • The Trevor Project’s 2021 National Survey on LGBTQ Youth Mental Health found that 42% of LGBTQ youth seriously considered attempting suicide in the past year, including more than half of transgender and nonbinary youth.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
FWIW, I totally support kids who believe they are whatever they choose to be. I've got a couple transgender (former) students, heterosexual, bi-sexual, gay, etc. I will coach any and all of them. But supporting a child is very different than indoctrinating a child to question who they are.
I agree. Keep it out of the classrooms. It's vicious that they are taking away needed time from students to FORCE their views one them. Y'all know what would happen of we demanded kids should be taught about, say, God and religion!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The public school system is on track to fail, controlled by left wing nuts and the teachers unions. My kids are grown but I have a granddaughter. Can you say charter school or home school. Take your kids out of that environment. One mad monkey doesn't stop the show, but when all the monkeys are mad there is no show.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The public school system is on track to fail, controlled by left wing nuts and the teachers unions. My kids are grown but I have a granddaughter. Can you say charter school or home school. Take your kids out of that environment. One mad monkey doesn't stop the show, but when all the monkeys are mad there is no show.
Biden, and in fact the whole of the Democratic Party, are hostile to Charter Schools and trying to kill the funding.

Home School is a very viable answer. Probably the best option for people who make it a lifestyle choice.

Many religious schools are allowing "woke" education policies, but many are still very good options too.

Did Shakespeare ever use the word queer in his plays? Or were they just the male promoters of dance in the ones set in Greece/the Aegean?