GOLD Site Supporter
FB_IMG_1611019069756.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL

We have 2 pressure cookers.

A big one we use on the stove for pressure canning and an InstantPot electric pressure cooker. Honestly the big one used to scare the hell out of the lovely Mrs_Bob. When we first started using it, years ago, I was almost convinced that we should use it outside on a propane range.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
The most important rule for a pressure cooker is totally watch that gauge!! Linda has canned for yrs and even with her dementia when canning beans she still watches it like a hawk. Beans are the only veggie we can anymore. Everything else is blanched and frozen.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
LOL

We have 2 pressure cookers.

A big one we use on the stove for pressure canning and an InstantPot electric pressure cooker. Honestly the big one used to scare the hell out of the lovely Mrs_Bob. When we first started using it, years ago, I was almost convinced that we should use it outside on a propane range.
Now that's funny.

Bob, we are/were exactly the same. We have two of them and when I had my big garden my wife was a canning fool. Being a good East Texas girl her mother taught her how to can so it never bothered her, It scared the bejeez out of me. Ever since I gave up that garden it means no more canning and I am so thankful.