• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pressure cooker

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
FB_IMG_1611019069756.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL

We have 2 pressure cookers.

A big one we use on the stove for pressure canning and an InstantPot electric pressure cooker. Honestly the big one used to scare the hell out of the lovely Mrs_Bob. When we first started using it, years ago, I was almost convinced that we should use it outside on a propane range.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
The most important rule for a pressure cooker is totally watch that gauge!! Linda has canned for yrs and even with her dementia when canning beans she still watches it like a hawk. Beans are the only veggie we can anymore. Everything else is blanched and frozen.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
LOL

We have 2 pressure cookers.

A big one we use on the stove for pressure canning and an InstantPot electric pressure cooker. Honestly the big one used to scare the hell out of the lovely Mrs_Bob. When we first started using it, years ago, I was almost convinced that we should use it outside on a propane range.
Now that's funny.

Bob, we are/were exactly the same. We have two of them and when I had my big garden my wife was a canning fool. Being a good East Texas girl her mother taught her how to can so it never bothered her, It scared the bejeez out of me. Ever since I gave up that garden it means no more canning and I am so thankful.