• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

prayers needed

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
My neighbor/friend Robert goes in today for a esophagus cancer operation tomorrow he was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer about this time last year and had 8" of his colon removed, during a routine check up a month or so ago there was a mass discovered on his esophagus that tested positive and is stage 1. It is a very invasive surgery that sometimes dosen't go well or has to be redone because of leakage. The statistics that I read on line suggest a 5 year survival rate between 5%-10% with some success stories of being ok after 15 years. Robert is not an old guy 53 yrs. He has accepted what is happening and has a much better attitude about it than most. Feeling a little helpless as I am used to fixing things and there is nothing we can do but pray and wait. Marty

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My neighbor/friend Robert goes in today for a esophagus cancer operation tomorrow he was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer about this time last year and had 8" of his colon removed, during a routine check up a month or so ago there was a mass discovered on his esophagus that tested positive and is stage 1. It is a very invasive surgery that sometimes dosen't go well or has to be redone because of leakage. The statistics that I read on line suggest a 5 year survival rate between 5%-10% with some success stories of being ok after 15 years. Robert is not an old guy 53 yrs. He has accepted what is happening and has a much better attitude about it than most. Feeling a little helpless as I am used to fixing things and there is nothing we can do but pray and wait. Marty

Our thoughts and prayers for Robert.

Jim

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you for sharing your concerns, we will gladly share our prayers.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Thank all of you for the support, he checked in yesterday and his operation is scheduled for today so I should have some news by this evening. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Hi all prayers answered so far. I got an update from Roberts wife Kimber today. It was a 9 hour surgery he didn't get back to his room until 11pm last night. she said he is in a lot of pain but he made it through. As long as something doesn't leak or tear he should recover in about 6-8 weeks. I will get another update tomorrow. Marty

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all prayers answered so far. I got an update from Roberts wife Kimber today. It was a 9 hour surgery he didn't get back to his room until 11pm last night. she said he is in a lot of pain but he made it through. As long as something doesn't leak or tear he should recover in about 6-8 weeks. I will get another update tomorrow. Marty
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats. Good news. Wishing him a steady recovery.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Good news!

Jim

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Hi all, I got another update on Robert From Kimber. Last night was very rough for him lots of pain and didn't get any sleep also on blood pressure medication it was 178/92 today and they started him on a feeding tube. From what I read about it all of that is normal. As long as nothing tars or leaks he should recover ok. I want to thank everyone again for the support. Marty

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I got another update on Robert From Kimber. Last night was very rough for him lots of pain and didn't get any sleep also on blood pressure medication it was 178/92 today and they started him on a feeding tube. From what I read about it all of that is normal. As long as nothing tars or leaks he should recover ok. I want to thank everyone again for the support. Marty

Thanks for the update on Robert. Hope they get his pain reduced and his blood pressure regulated.

Jim

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, got another report on Robert this morning, They walked him yesterday along with some breathing exercises. He has to pass gas and have a bowel movement as soon as possible. Generally feeling weak ( thats normal) they are transferring him to a private room so that means Kimber can stay with him, everyone is happy about that. I don't know if he is out of the woods yet but on the right path. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Update, Robert is doing extremely well, being released early and comes home today. I talked to him on the phone, he sounded ready to come home. One side effect he told me about is he can never lay down flat again at any time ever. Marty

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One side effect he told me about is he can never lay down flat again at any time ever.

That would be tough for sure but we can get used to about anything. He can persevere.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I know how that is. It's why I have a difficult time sleeping in hotels.

He might do good with a wedge pillow.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/health...RhNgnIvjpTNISi41NOQaAkr1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have a couple of them. One for the camper and one at home.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

We must think alike, my wife has one because of a hyatial hernia, so we got him a 12" from amazon delivered today and took it to him. He was happy told me he slept in the recliner last night. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It sure helped the last four years. I didn't have one the first year after my accident and had to sleep in the living room on the chair for a year. After I got mine and got on the right pain meds, I was finally able to sleep a full night in bed. Now, I'm just spoiled with a split king motorized bed with built in massage.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I hadn't herd from Robert for a day or 2 his wife just texted me, they had to admit him in the hospital again and just got transfered back to Stanford. He developed a leak that caused an infection, they got him on antibiotics and pain meds. There will be a decision made this week if he has to go back into surgery or not. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I hadn't herd from Robert for a day or 2 his wife just texted me, they had to admit him in the hospital again and just got transfered back to Stanford. He developed a leak that caused an infection, they got him on antibiotics and pain meds. There will be a decision made this week if he has to go back into surgery or not. Marty

Just got a picture he doesn't look happy.

Attachments

• 20191019_112617.jpg
    20191019_112617.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 164

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
More prayers needed for Robert, His cancer is spreading around again. His cancer is now Metastic stage 4. He is on Chemo but its not looking good. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
At 2:00 this afternoon Roberts wife Kimber called me from the hospital and asked me if I wanted to give him a final message, I talked he listened but couldn't respond. At 3:30 I got a text from her telling me that Robert got his wings at 2;41 pm. He went down hill rapidly in the last couple weeks and was admitted to the Hospital and transferred to Hospice a couple days ago. RIP Buddy.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So sorry for your loss and for Robert and his family. So sad. :(