• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Police reform dragging behind qualified immunity

CrakHoBarbie

And if you remove qualified immunity, half the police will resign, fearing that they will spend the rest of their lives fighting malicious, bogus lawsuites.
Well by all means, let's just allow the police to roam the halls of Justice with impunity. How about instead, why not give the cops a nice raise, then make it mandatory that they get their own on duty liability insurance. This would accomplish two things: One, the taxpayer would no longer be footing the bill for bad cops indiscretions. Two, a bad cop screws up to many times they lose their insurance which forces them out if the force.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
How about not committing crime???????????
Cops should be given two guns and full immunity.
And then judges that actua;lly enforce the law, not these liberal pukes that let every mutherfucker that violates other people and laws, go scott free.
Watch crime drop. Which means less police intervention.
Fix the root cause.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well by all means, let's just allow the police to roam the halls of Justice with impunity. How about instead, why not give the cops a nice raise, then make it mandatory that they get their own on duty liability insurance. This would accomplish two things: One, the taxpayer would no longer be footing the bill for bad cops indiscretions. Two, a bad cop screws up to many times they lose their insurance which forces them out if the force.
Right when I'm done with you. You say something that makes sense.

CrakHoBarbie

How about not committing crime???????????
Cops should be given two guns and full immunity.
And then judges that actua;lly enforce the law, not these liberal pukes that let every mutherfucker that violates other people and laws, go scott free.
Watch crime drop. Which means less police intervention.
Fix the root cause.
Liberal pukes? I can tell we're gunna get along just fine.

Roofgardener

The problem with that is that the insurance companies would set their rate based on how often THEY have to intervene. Hence a policeman could be 'taken down' by a large number of utterly bogus accusations, which nontheless have to be defended in court, and hence require the intervention of the insurance company ?

CrakHoBarbie

The problem with that is that the insurance companies would set their rate based on how often THEY have to intervene. Hence a policeman could be 'taken down' by a large number of utterly bogus accusations, which nontheless have to be defended in court, and hence require the intervention of the insurance company ?
When I'm driving my car, I can get hit by a number of different people who could claim it was my fault. So I drive defensively. Avoid breaking traffic laws. Drive safe and sane and somehow, it works out. ..... But.... If somebody else..... Say... The taxpayers... Were paying for my recklessness.... I might be less inclined to drive so safely..... After all....it's no skin off my nose....but logically, some concessions and adjustments would need to be made to insure fairness. That's a given.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
No, we won't get along just fine. Your solution is limiting cops' ability to enforce laws, monetarily and via regulation.
The proper way is to limit crime, by enforcing laws and adjudication resulting in maximum prison time for crimes committed.
Liberal pukes are all about protecting the goot boyz of the hood, no matter how much they kill, rape, pillage, burn, and loot. The fine liberal cities of Minneapolis, Portland, Chicago, and others. You know, black on black crime. Crickets.

CrakHoBarbie

How about cops just do their jobs without becoming judge, jury and executioner? Personally, I think we should legalize concealed carry in every state. And do it now. You want to see respect come back on the street? Once criminals know that every and anyone is possibly armed, just see how respectful these douches would become.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Ya, all the cops I see are just shooting everybody and being judge jury, executioner. Jeezuz are you a mouthpiece for the bs.
Couple hundred thousand deaths a day by the cops, right?
When was the last time a cop, on purpose, and for no reason, went out to find a wanted criminal, found him, and shot him? WHEN?
The only reason a cop shoots somebody is because the criminal was, well, acting like a criminal.
When are you going to address the crime itself? Again, the crime itself?
Your solution is to make crime legal.
Brilliant.

CrakHoBarbie

Ya, all the cops I see are just shooting everybody and being judge jury, executioner. Jeezuz are you a mouthpiece for the bs.
Couple hundred thousand deaths a day by the cops, right?
When was the last time a cop, on purpose, and for no reason, went out to find a wanted criminal, found him, and shot him? WHEN?
The only reason a cop shoots somebody is because the criminal was, well, acting like a criminal.
When are you going to address the crime itself? Again, the crime itself?
Brilliant.
People have been mouthpieces for LEO's for over a century. There would be complaints about over zealous cops brutalizing folks and sometimes shooting unarmed people. But everyone disregarded those complaints as lies told by offenders. .... Then came the advent of the video tape recorder. All of a sudden those complaints of brutality and "bad" policing came to life on our televisions at home. The Rodney King beating was the first big one. That's when it really hit home (pun intended) that maybe there's something to a lot of those complaints. ..... Now, everyone is walking around with their mobile phone video recording devices. And everybody is recording instances of abuse by LEO'S...... Yet, even with more and more video evidence of police misconduct coming out nearly everyday.... Folks like you still bury your heads in the sand, demanding everything is hunky dory..... To those with their eyes open, there does appear to be a big problem that needs to be addressed.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
And one more time:
If you do not commit a crime, or do something that has the appearance of a crime, whether a taillight out, a license plate tag missing, or a kid stabbing another kid with a knife, there will be no police interaction.
Root cause - stop the crimes.
What don't you phuking get?
No crime = no police.
1-1=0.
You have not addressed the root cause of any of this.
Your solution is to find fault with cops attempting to stop the crimes that should not even have begun.
And again, brilliant!

CrakHoBarbie

And one more time:
If you do not commit a crime, or do something that has the appearance of a crime, whether a taillight out, a license plate tag missing, or a kid stabbing another kid with a knife, there will be no police interaction.
Root cause - stop the crimes.
What don't you phuking get?
No crime = no police.
1-1=0.
You have not addressed the root cause of any of this.
Your solution is to find fault with cops attempting to stop the crimes that should not even have begun.
And again, brilliant!
My statements and opinions are very clear, therefore your inept interpretations are nothing more than an asinine attempt at slandering my contentions. Nothing more than typical trumpee buffoonery. Case in point: Denver police snapped a 73 year old woman with dementias shoulder while arresting her for walking out of Walmart without paying for $14.00 worth of items. They then laughed at the bodycam footage as the injured woman sat shackled in a holding cell. After watching all the video evidence of this arrest and the immediate aftermath, I'm shocked at the callus brutality visited on a 73 year old dementia patient who had no idea what was going on. You, on the other hand, would be laughing along with those POS LEO's as they listened to the woman's shoulder pop out of joint. It's sickening and pathetic and anyone who agrees with this type of policing is sickening and pathetic as well. https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/26/karen-garner-booking-video-loveland-police/

Roofgardener

My statements and opinions are very clear, therefore your inept interpretations are nothing more than an asinine attempt at slandering my contentions. Nothing more than typical trumpee buffoonery. Case in point: Denver police snapped a 73 year old woman with dementias shoulder while arresting her for walking out of Walmart without paying for $14.00 worth of items. They then laughed at the bodycam footage as the injured woman sat shackled in a holding cell. After watching all the video evidence of this arrest and the immediate aftermath, I'm shocked at the callus brutality visited on a 73 year old dementia patient who had no idea what was going on. You, on the other hand, would be laughing along with those POS LEO's as they listened to the woman's shoulder pop out of joint. It's sickening and pathetic and anyone who agrees with this type of policing is sickening and pathetic as well. https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/26/karen-garner-booking-video-loveland-police/
One of the policemen has already been suspended. If they are found guilty in the lawsuite, they will be sacked, if not actually prosecuted.
I don't think ANYONE thinks this sort of policiing is appropriate ?

CrakHoBarbie

One of the policemen has already been suspended. If they are found guilty in the lawsuite, they will be sacked, if not actually prosecuted.
I don't think ANYONE thinks this sort of policiing is appropriate ?
Those cops.... All of them.... Thought it was appropriate and a "hoot". I've heard that 3 or 4 of them resigned. Charges should be filed.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Those cops.... All of them.... Thought it was appropriate and a "hoot". I've heard that 3 or 4 of them resigned. Charges should be filed.
We are actually on the same page with over zealous police. Police should not be like a carpenter with a bag full of nails looking for a board to drive them into. Your idea of paying them more and require them to purchase there own liability insurance is a good one. Its good enough for health care professionals, it is good enough for law enforcement. I am not anti police they are very necessary. One of my kids is a Sherriff

CrakHoBarbie

We are actually on the same page with over zealous police. Police should not be like a carpenter with a bag full of nails looking for a board to drive them into. Your idea of paying them more and require them to purchase there own liability insurance is a good one. Its good enough for health care professionals, it is good enough for law enforcement. I am not anti police they are very necessary. One of my kids is a Sherriff
Agreed. I've always had LAPD and LASD family. My Uncle was a lieutenant at Foothill division during the Rodney King incident. It's always broken my heart and angered me to see the toll that wearing the uniform has taken on them. I certainly do not have all the answers, but,IMHO, we do need to start somewhere.

Last edited:

Roofgardener

I still don't think removing qualified immunity is a good idea. The comparison with Medical Staff doesn't really work, medical staff don't have to deal with the sheer viscous ideological hatred that some people harbour toward the police.

When did you last hear of a hospital being picketed by Black Lives Matter because a black patient died ? Or of shrill screams to "Defund the Doctors" ?

CrakHoBarbie

I still don't think removing qualified immunity is a good idea. The comparison with Medical Staff doesn't really work, medical staff don't have to deal with the sheer viscous ideological hatred that some people harbour toward the police.

When did you last hear of a hospital being picketed by Black Lives Matter because a black patient died ? Or of shrill screams to "Defund the Doctors" ?
When was the last time you heard of a doctor kneeling on a hand cuffed patient's neck until they died? I'm kind of surprised you had the audacity to make such an absurd and disingenuous comparison. It's pathetic.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

If they shoot someone that is shooting at them or some other way trying to hurt them or someone else, they will not be in trouble, but if you reach for you're taser and mistakenly pull your gun and shoot someone, you are a dumb ass and I am not interested in being financially responsible for that. On the same token CHB's response is rude and over the top.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
When was the last time you heard of a doctor kneeling on a hand cuffed patient's neck until they died? I'm kind of surprised you had the audacity to make such an absurd and disingenuous comparison. It's pathetic.
Why do you feel the need to be so rude in your responses? Keep it up and I predict you will be banned soon.

CrakHoBarbie

Why do you feel the need to be so rude in your responses? Keep it up and I predict you will be banned soon.
Which part is rude? Funny how I can be directly called all kinds of names here and that's ok. But when I rightfully call someone's opinion absurd and disingenuous, suddenly I'm the rude one?

Roofgardener

If they shoot someone that is shooting at them or some other way trying to hurt them or someone else, they will not be in trouble, but if you reach for you're taser and mistakenly pull your gun and shoot someone, you are a dumb ass and I am not interested in being financially responsible for that. On the same token CHB's response is rude and over the top.
I'd agree with the bit about the taser. But here's the thing; she WAS sacked, wasn't she ? And she is - presumably - now open to a civil prosecution ? It's not like the police officers are above the law ?

Last edited:

loboloco

i think qualified immunity should be seriously reformed. Eliminating it, however, isn't the answer.