• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Penzeys Spices CEO sparks fury by renaming MLK Day 'Republicans are RACIST Weekend'

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I'll never buy Penzey's spices again. NEVER.​

Penzeys Spices CEO sparks fury by renaming MLK Day 'Republicans are RACIST Weekend' in letter to customers - just two weeks after branding the GOP the 'number one threat to this country'​

• On Friday, Penzeys Spices founder and CEO Bill Penzey Jr. sent out a newsletter for MLK day which he titled 'Republicans are Racist weekend'
  • The letter was promoting a deal offering three spices and 10 Black Lives Matter stickers
  • Penzey praised the Black Lives Matter movement and its actions in the newsletter before suggesting Republicans fantasize about killing black people
  • He added that Republicans deserve the racist label
  • It comes just weeks after he called the GOP the 'number one threat to this country' in another newsletter
  • Conservatives slammed Penzey on social media saying they were throwing out their spices and were never buying from the company again
By MELISSA KOENIG FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 11:44 EST, 18 January 2022 | UPDATED: 14:28 EST, 18 January 2022

Penzeys Spices CEO sparked outrage after he renamed Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Republicans are Racist Weekend, in a promotional newsletter for customers.
Bill Penzey Jr., 58, who founded the company in 1986 and does not have any shareholders to answer to, sent out the letter on Friday.
It promised to 'Cheese Off Racists for Free!' as part of a spices promotion that includes ten Black Lives Matter stickers, because they have 'earned our respect!'

The Republicans are Racist letter has infuriated customers on both sides of the aisle who criticized Penzey for his outrageous claims and say they now plan to boycott the company.

'I'm a Democrat and liberal and all that and I know not all Republicans are racist. I think this is going a bit too far with the generalizations,' one customer wrote on the Penzeys website. Another said: 'I am a Democrat. But, I find this bad business.'

Republican Wisconsin State Senator Julian Bradley slammed the company, telling FOX 6 News, 'Penzey's has been grifting off terrible political takes and low name-calling for a decade, so the reporters will give them free media. These lies are news?'

The CEO has previously called Republicans the 'number one threat to this country,' and has spent tens of thousands of dollars on ads calling for former President Donald Trump's impeachment.

However, Penzey told DailyMail.com he is not worried about a loss in customers, as he is getting new customers from progressive liberal supporters.

He wrote to DailyMail.com that since he sent out the email on Friday, he has seen 1.13 percent of his customers unsubscribe from his mailing list, but said he imagines he will have an equal amount of new subscribers by the end of Tuesday.

'From what we've heard in the way of feedback a lot of our Republican customers wish we would stay out of politics but they are pretty honest about the problems with open racism in their party since President Trump took control,' he said.

'So on one hand they wish we would tone down the racism thing but on the other hand we have really good spices and they are not going to sacrifice those.

'Our more liberal customers of course are excited for us being honest about what the Republican party has become and are forwarding our emails to friends and family which is where our new customers are coming from.'

In fact, after he wrote that President Trump supporters 'committed the most racist act' by electing him in 2016, online sales of Penzeys Spices were up 59.9 percent and gift box sales were up 135 percent, according to the Milwaukee Business Journal.

In his letter, FOX Business reports, Penzey praised the Black Lives Matter movement and its actions following the death of George Floyd in 2020, before suggesting that Republicans fantasize about killing black people.

'Remember how Republicans, going against a mountain of evidence to the contrary once again lied and said BLM wasn't a peaceful movement, but instead terrorists inciting violence throughout the country and then raced out to buy a c***load of guns because maybe they were finally going to get their chance to shoot a black person?' he wrote. 'What a bunch of racists.'

Penzey then went on to address Republican voters, saying: 'The racist label is one you will deservingly wear every day you stand with [the Republican Party]. Get used to it, or maybe instead become a better person. The choice is yours. We will be here rooting for you to Choose Love.'

The newsletter follows a similar one Penzey sent out to his supporters earlier this month, marking the first anniversary of the January 6 Capitol riots by calling Republican voters the 'number one threat to this country.'

PenzeysSpicesCEO.JPG

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I really liked their chili spices. That was before I heard them open their yaps about politics years ago. Over priced shit anyway. Many many other small spice companies to choose from.
Yeah, us being foodies for years on various forums, always got those few screaming about Penzeys.
I never understood the going wild over a spice.
Hell I can get the same even at the dollar stores. 😄

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Buy Excalibur Seasonings. Good People. As a side note, Jay, one of the principles, likes scotch and cigars.