• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Outdoor cover for snowcat

tahoesnowcat

I'm looking into getting an outdoor cover for my LMC 1500 to protect against UV damage, etc. Does anyone have an RV cover or similar that they recommend?

schmidt

Over 15 years ago we had custom covers made for our snowcats by Idaho Sewing for Sports 208-983-0988. I believe they used Sunbrella material. They are still holding up great, matter of fact we just put them on. On our covers we had custom zippers put in for access. Make sure the covers completely go over the tracks.

tahoesnowcat

Over 15 years ago we had custom covers made for our snowcats by Idaho Sewing for Sports 208-983-0988. I believe they used Sunbrella material. They are still holding up great, matter of fact we just put them on. On our covers we had custom zippers put in for access. Make sure the covers completely go over the tracks.
That sounds perfect. Do you have a rough ballpark figure on cost?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another possible source for custom covers.
If you have any marinas around you, stop in and ask who makes the canvas for their boats. At least around me, it's a guy that drives around with a truck & trailer from place to place and makes the custom covers out of his trailer. He may bring his truck/trailer right to your place so you don't need to trailer your snowcat to his location.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Judging from the times I have had to get something made up in canvas, I'm betting the cover for a snow cat is very comparable to a 'garage in a box' (as long as you are able to put one up at your location). Added benefit of drive in / drive out.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
A snow trac gent from Sweden had these made.
cover.jpg

Attachments

• cover1.jpg
    cover1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 93
  • cover2.jpg
    cover2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 91

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
I use a camp trailer cover on my Frandee and a UTV cover on my Kitten, they work well and are light. I will post pictures tomorrow. I also get my cat off the dirt by putting them on lumber. I used a garage in a box last year, it is dark green and basically was an oven. Caused the battery to fry and did some damage to the rubber around the windows. So that option did not work for me. If you were to do a garage in a box I would get a light colored one. Also, after one year the material fried by UV and ripped apart.

j farm

GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a cover that I have it came with the cat and I have had it about 10 years it is sunbrella material and was made by Tahoe canvas

Attachments

• B8AAD8CB-9A1E-44A8-B463-895575C3A2F2.jpeg
    B8AAD8CB-9A1E-44A8-B463-895575C3A2F2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
  • B5CDA757-BB3E-4C17-9443-12807EFAF271.jpeg
    B5CDA757-BB3E-4C17-9443-12807EFAF271.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 81