• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Our electric rate doubles Aug. 1

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Quote from Eversource news page.

In New Hampshire, the energy supply price – or default energy service rate – for Eversource customers changes twice a year on February 1st and August 1st. Unlike previous summers when supply rates typically decrease, this year, the default service rate for residential customers who receive their energy supply from Eversource is proposed to change from 10.669 cents per kilowatt hour to 22.566 cents per kilowatt hour on August 1. With this adjustment to the default energy service rate, on average, an Eversource residential electric customer in New Hampshire who uses 600 kilowatt hours of power each month will see a bill increase of approximately $71.39 per month.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Much of the electricity in our nation is generated by burning Natural Gas.

Natural Gas has been skyrocketing, especially since we started shipping some our our NG to Europe.

The shipments just temporarily stopped due to an explosion at a Texas L.N.G. shipping facility at the Gulf of Mexico. That explosion actually caused the price of North American NG to drop since it halted all overseas transfers, but that is only temporary until they make repairs (probably a 30 day price drop).

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
PG&E just raised our rates 277% June 1. So even if you buy a $80,000.00 electric car.
1- its going to cost a lot more to charge it
2- you can charge it between the rolling blackouts all summer.
Employee- I'm not coming in today
boss- why not
employee- the electricity has been out for 2 days and my battery is dead.

Please come quickly my husband had a heart attack
We can be there in 4 more hours, the battery on the ambulance is dead etc.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can you choose your electric provider?
The Public Utilities Commission approved this rate increase?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, I looked into changing my provider. Looks like I might save about hundred bucks/year but you have to sign up for 18 months at that provider's price whereas Eversource adjusts rates twice a year.

Experience says prices rarely go down much.... I feel like such a pessimist haha

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We deserve all of this.
We did it to ourselves.

And, the worst is yet to come.
Agreed.

We have politicians in office that actually campaigned on getting rid of fossil fuels and have been pushing the "green agenda" for years (decades). John Kerry and Al Gore have made a living off of shilling for unworkable solutions and high prices.

Biden made campaign promised that he is actually following through on and they are why we are in this situation today with high gasoline, high diesel and high natural gas prices. But long before Biden stepping into the Oval Office as President, there was a war on coal, literally impossible to build a coal generation plant in the US today. Ditto for Nuclear, while it is theoretically possible to build a nuclear facility, just the permits and lawsuits to start the process are over $1 BILLION and the time line is nothing short of 20 years for a permit.

Michigan just shut down the Pallesaides nuclear generator a couple years early. Politicians on both sides were fighting to keep it open. But the government's ineptitude cased it to shut down last month. Days later a report came out naming the adjoining electrical region as being in HIGH RISK of electricity shortages (rolling brownouts/blackouts) for this summer.

So yes, we did it to ourselves.

UberBastid

Who says?

Not sure I like your attitude one bit.
Read Mel's Dad post below.
There is some good examples.

We HAVE been fortunate that the last TWO presidents we had, did EXACTLY what they promised in their campaign.
People whined and cried about Trump, and I'd ask "Why did you elect him then?" And I'd get the "Oh, I didn't vote for him, its not my fault."
Well, yes it is. We are 'one nation, under God ...'
Because "We The People'' as a single entity, voted him into office.
Trump was EVERY citizens president. Because We The People voted that way.

If that was true then, then it is true now. "We The People" voted this dolt into office. It is OUR collective fault, and we will suffer for it.
Greatly - I fear.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Read Mel's Dad post below.
There is some good examples.

We HAVE been fortunate that the last TWO presidents we had, did EXACTLY what they promised in their campaign.
People whined and cried about Trump, and I'd ask "Why did you elect him then?" and if we would have elected Hillery how do you think we'd be doing now And I'd get the "Oh, I didn't vote for him, its not my fault."
Well, yes it is. We are 'one nation, under God ...'
Because "We The People'' as a single entity, voted him into office.
Trump was EVERY citizens president. Because We The People voted that way.

If that was true then, then it is true now. "We The People" voted this dolt into office. It is OUR collective fault, and we will suffer for it.
Greatly - I fear.
my opinion was trump was the better of the 2 not the best that was running there were others on the Republican primary that i would have rather had but im not sure now their skin was thick enough like Trump's was to survive the Democratic onslot!

UberBastid

my opinion was trump was the better of the 2 not the best that was running there were others on the Republican primary that i would have rather had but im not sure now their skin was thick enough like Trump's was to survive the Democratic onslot!
OH, I agree whole heartedly.
For 80% of the Trump reign, I was standing on my chair and APPALUDING loudly.
He did some things that I didn't approve of, but ... 80% is pretty damn good. In fact, thinking about it, I'll make it 90%.
But, he did some cringe worthy shit. Real SMH stuff. LoL.
Hey, ya gotta love the good with the bad, right?

Trump is EXACTLY what we needed at the time.

I think what confuses people is my recognition that NOBODY is perfect. Everybody is flawed. Including Trump. He has done much more good for the US than bad. Much more.
But, he IS an egotistical loud mouth bastid.
He is!

-- Edited to add: I am an egotistical loud mouthed bastid too. I recognize one of my own.

Last edited: