• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Operating on gravel road?

Looks like I only have a couple more days that my F350 will get me to highway. Currently I have about 4 miles of bare gravel road to run on before I get to decent snow. Are there any special concerns or methods of operation for my Snow Master on the gravel portion (first year owning the Snow Master). My old Thiokol 4T8 gets by OK as long as I am gentle. Will be using the Thiokol until the snow is better or I know more!
Other question I have is related to carb icing. I had a VW powered sand rail that I ran until about 10 F, then the carb would ice and stick. Has anyone had issues, if so at what temps?
Thanks
Loneoutrider

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
on gravel, take it easy, wide turns if you can. I haven't had any trouble with carb icing up (yet). usually it is warm to touch. Was there any chance your heat riser was plugged/ blocked? Usually when it's super cold it's super dry.

PJL

Well these guys ran a Bombardier on everything but snow.

And the tracks are still on backwards.

And yes I cringed the whole time.